ASL Journal 13 now available

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Not just "a" map, but map 77. !!
Fun fact:

I while ago, I realized that I have that mysterious map lying around here at home for a couple of years. It is part of the Map Bundle for boards 53 & up.

I have never looked at it though, as that map-bundle purchase was intended as "emergency spare parts", so it is still in shrink and untouched.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Why did a simple post about the ASL Journal landing in Switzerland trigger xenophobic "humour" ?
I don't worship my country as a golden calf - I am a non archist, and I am quite critical about some of the behaviours of my nation - but I don't find those so-called jokes funny.
I will put them on the account of ignorance and stupidity, hoping that their motive is not hate.
Boy, Journal 13 makes for an unhappy number...

Being a German, I never make jokes. I must be hating myself for this "xenophobic" humor in this miserable life of mine.

No intention to offend, Robin. Yet it would not harm to calm down.

Whether your Swiss accounting is correct or not is a debate which cannot be led in this forum.

von Marwitz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow,

All this because of an "unlucky number" on the latest Journal.

Robin, I enjoyed the lovely picture of the Journal you showed. All that green is making me want the winter in Texas to end quickly.

As for Journal 14, I have to know begin to budget for this item, as well as the three copies of the next WO pack (WO 2023) soon to be released by MMP.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That’s what got me, how green it was. I figured winter in Switzerland would look very white…

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Winter is very mild this year.
We can have snow, but it isn't there yet.
I live at about 1800 ft. altitude, so quite low.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got my copy of Journal 13 on 1/3/23. Good to hear that Journal 14 (the ANZAC edition) will be available later this year.
Now to wait and order Winter Offensive 2023 scenario pack when it is available.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I received my copy yesterday. A few thoughts.

1. Reading the Umpires View lets you know just how much has been going on. I never realized it. And I thought my purchases were going to go down now that I am retired.
  2. Back cover of Sainte-Mere-Eglise along with Ken Dunn's preview - cost me another $70. I am waiting to see what DR is needed to pass the CPTC (Cow Patty Task Check). Not sure how good the modifiers are if your troops come from cattle country.
  3. The extensive math analysis of OBA methods may be too much for me, but at a minimum Jim Bishop exposed me to some alternatives I had never heard of.
  4. Debriefing only has 8 errata for all the core rules. Nice to see the maturity. Huge number of scenario errata. I haven't begun to see how many I already have. It appears the collection is more comprehensive and in line with keeping everyone up to the times with all the updated scenarios (most of which I already have).
  5. FW material is about right for my tastes (given I don't have it). The content may help nudge me over the edge to cough up the $$ for it.
  6. This was a heavy package for a magazine. I was worried the post office may bend it (and map 77), but it was THICK. No way that was going to happen.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, where does one find the aftermath for PK4, Hot Toddy?

I like the concept….. Excited to try one of these out.