ASL Journal 13 now available

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Consider the health benefits of the ASL hobby. It's incompatible with excessive alcohol consumption or hard drugs. And fear of smoke and ash damage to map boards, charts and pieces may well cure players of smoking habits too.
Of course, we have to balance that with most players coming with warning labels of their own. ;-)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
“Warning : Person in view might not have all his marbles.”
I might be losing my marbles if Journal #14 is anywhere near ready, if we get another Journal in 2023 after this one, time for the happy dance. It will take quite awhile to play what I just got but would gladly love to see it on a more regular basis.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember playtesting one of the pocket scenarios a few years ago at WO. It was a fight to seize a small airfield as I recall. Very cool concept - everything on one sheet.
So PK2 is the one I remember from the mini.

Scott B. - I think we may have played PK1 in the second round since that one looks familiar also. I remember winning PK2, but lost PK1, which would have meant you moved on to the final game.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vic, you better bag up your marbles. There is another Journal coming soon.

Paul, that sounds right. I ended up winning the mini, my first ever. Had a blast with these scenarios, gald they are in print now.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I might be losing my marbles if Journal #14 is anywhere near ready, if we get another Journal in 2023 after this one, time for the happy dance. It will take quite awhile to play what I just got but would gladly love to see it on a more regular basis.
yeah, it sounds like they are running to catch up perhaps after taking so long to bring Journal 13 out, (5 years?)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just happy to have the new magazine (well, I have it on order anyhow, not got it in the mail yet) but another Journal coming hot on it's heels is good news for sure

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody have more background on the J13 cover art? It is described in the intro to the magazine as minefield clearing at El-Alamein and the creator of the art is referenced - I swore there was a gas attack going on as one looks at it. The choice of art for ASL products is always interesting.