ASL Journal 13 now available

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
I must say, after reading the Umpires' View in this Journal, we have a lot of new ASL to look forward to!!!!

Last edited:

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In French, we have a saying: "When you love, you don't count."
Back at you Robin :):

"If you wish to dive for pearls, be prepared to get wet.
If you wish to marry a beautiful woman, be prepared for expense."

Or if you wish to play ASL, be prepared for expense :)

I've whinged and whined enough........................

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just arrived, GREAT looking bunch of scenarios and good articles.....well done MMP.
Hoping to see mine today but if not, Tuesday seems a long ways away. Glad you got yours, pick something we can play when the Dispatch #55 playtest is over. Gotta roll some dice...

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Face it. As much as we bellyache ASL is very reasonable entertainment. Want to go to a sporting event and sit where you don't need binoculars? Football $200/4 hrs. Baseball or hockey $50/3 hrs. Movies $20/2 hrs. Disneyland - mortgage your house.
I like to say "Some guys fish; some guys golf, some guys play with little cardboard army men" . Price out any of those hobbies for comparison.

Or even miniatures or M:tG.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One could easily drop $2k a year playing competitive Magic: The Gathering.

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received today. Nice!

I like the little maps / scenarios especially. The idea of making little maps - or better, little overlays that are compatible with existing geomaps / mated with new scenarios is something I'd really like to see MMP expand upon.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received today. Nice!

I like the little maps / scenarios especially. The idea of making little maps - or better, little overlays that are compatible with existing geomaps / mated with new scenarios is something I'd really like to see MMP expand upon.
The operative word being "little."

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received yesterday but was too busy "adulting" to get a look at it until today. Looks sweet. I am hard at work trying to figure which scenarios from it to include in the Nor'Easter scenario list.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Consider the health benefits of the ASL hobby. It's incompatible with excessive alcohol consumption or hard drugs. And fear of smoke and ash damage to map boards, charts and pieces may well cure players of smoking habits too.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played MTG hardcore, Unlimited through Ice Age, back in the early 90s. I worked part-time at a bookstore and could buy entire boxes 50% off. I cashed out so I could afford ASL. 😂
Did you cash out your Unlimited dual lands and Moxes? :) I played competitively for a couple years, even won a small Vintage event, but shifted to ASL because I'd always wanted to learn to play competently.