ASL in SW North Carolina?

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
Guys, this covid life has opened up new employment possibilities. One possibility is I have a job interview soon in Cherokee, NC. So, who is nearby? Should I leave my current residence I would first seek out new ASL friends. This proximity would be a mitigating factor in my decision.
I live North of Charlotte, NC. Your best bet or closest to Cherokee is no doubt Ashville. Beautiful area.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tooz I know of a well-mannered ASLer who relocated from southern California to the Knoxville area a few years ago. Message me and I should be able to provide an email contact. He says Bitter Ender is one of the best tournaments.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tooz I know of a well-mannered ASLer who relocated from southern California to the Knoxville area a few years ago. Message me and I should be able to provide an email contact. He says Bitter Ender is one of the best tournaments.
PM sent!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone still have contact with a Mitch Balicki? Apparently he is a former (?) ASL player and was part of the Asheville NC group. Ray W told me he is in the Cherokee area. If so, things will get a lot more interesting.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone still have contact with a Mitch Balicki? Apparently he is a former (?) ASL player and was part of the Asheville NC group. Ray W told me he is in the Cherokee area. If so, things will get a lot more interesting.
A name from the past!🤔

Hope you can get in contact with him.

galad2003

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am in North Georgia and about and hour an a half away from Cherokee county. On the one hand my mind says that is a long ways to drive for a game but on the other hand it takes me an hour to drive to Atlanta and I go hiking up that way often enough and sometimes drive further for that. So I guess it is doable after all.

I must say though, if you have the opportunity to move to Raleigh or thereabouts it is a great place to live with great gaming stores. a thriving ASL community and a lot of cool things to do. I used to live there and wish I could move back.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am in North Georgia and about and hour an a half away from Cherokee county. On the one hand my mind says that is a long ways to drive for a game but on the other hand it takes me an hour to drive to Atlanta and I go hiking up that way often enough and sometimes drive further for that. So I guess it is doable after all.

I must say though, if you have the opportunity to move to Raleigh or thereabouts it is a great place to live with great gaming stores. a thriving ASL community and a lot of cool things to do. I used to live there and wish I could move back.
NC seems to be a good destination for an ASLer as he eyes retirement. I have to retire somewhere. I don't fish, so ASL may will be my primary pastime.