ASL in SW North Carolina?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I grew up in California. Never understood all this Yankee and Rebel stuff.

Now I live in Virginia. People in the south consider me a northerner. People in the north consider me a southerner. I still don't get it.
I grew up in Ohio. If you lived in Virginia you were a Southerner.

If you lived in WEST Virginia, you and your brother are probably cousins. :):)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I grew up in Ohio. If you lived in Virginia you were a Southerner.

If you lived in WEST Virginia, you and your brother are probably cousins. :):)
I grew up in Ohio on the shore of Lake Erie. If you lived in Cincinnati you were a southerner!😉

Always reminds me of Dave Deresenski flying to Oktoberfest from California. He knew it was being held in a city in Ohio that began with a " C ".🤣

Could Fish drive down to Cincinnati and give him a ride to Cleveland??🤣🤣🤪🤪

galad2003

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I grew up in California. Never understood all this Yankee and Rebel stuff.

Now I live in Virginia. People in the south consider me a northerner. People in the north consider me a southerner. I still don't get it.
I define somewhere in the South or not by their sweet tea. If I order sweat tea and it's more sugar then water then it's the south. If you had me a glass of tea with some sugar packets then you are a Yankee.

Pretty much RIchmond and northwards will give you sugar packets.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I define somewhere in the South or not by their sweet tea. If I order sweat tea and it's more sugar then water then it's the south. If you had me a glass of tea with some sugar packets then you are a Yankee.

Pretty much RIchmond and northwards will give you sugar packets.
Maybe but my Grandmother lived in Pennsylvania and managed to put an incredible amount of sugar in her sweet tea. A glass and the grandkids were hyper all afternoon. Loved it. 😋😋🥰🥰

To be fair she did live in south central Pennsylvania!😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That depends on which side of the gun you are, stranger... 🤠

von Marwitz
What's your opinion of sweet tea Mr. Six Gun von M? Or are you more thirstin' for a sweet scenario?😉😉

Is sweet tea even drunk in Europe?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final update on this thread: The area around Cherokee is mostly used for tourism. Consequently housing for full time residents was frustrating to obtain--overpriced, undersized and often too far from work. While searching for accommodations I was offered a better job in York, PA with better pay. Found a suitable apartment within days. So, thanks to all that replied and perhaps we will meet at the 2022 Winter Offensive? I now live 20 miles from the Maryland border. Hmm, I heard of an ASL group near Baltimore...:unsure:

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final update on this thread: The area around Cherokee is mostly used for tourism. Consequently housing for full time residents was frustrating to obtain--overpriced, undersized and often too far from work. While searching for accommodations I was offered a better job in York, PA with better pay. Found a suitable apartment within days. So, thanks to all that replied and perhaps we will meet at the 2022 Winter Offensive? I now live 20 miles from the Maryland border. Hmm, I heard of an ASL group near Baltimore...:unsure:
And your even closer to Gettyburg. Are you going to John’s get together next week?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And your even closer to Gettyburg. Are you going to John’s get together next week?
I think I can stop by for a day or two--do you have John's contact info? I have been trying to get in touch with him for a while now without success.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
I'm crushed...

Jon in Asheville