ASL in Chengdu, Sichuan, China - 20 & 21 April 2019

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The INDEX has Hard Hindrances and Soft Hindrances .. one can take either one and say it imply the other since Jungle Debris is not in either.
No, not really. Will has it exactly right. COWTRA. The rules explicitly tell you which hindrances do not apply. If you have a type of hindrance that is not in that list of exceptions, and does not have its own specific rule, then no exception applies to it. Or to put it another way: all hindrance types are "hard", unless you have a rule that tells you different.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No, not really. Will has it exactly right. COWTRA. The rules explicitly tell you which hindrances do not apply. If you have a type of hindrance that is not in that list of exceptions, and does not have its own specific rule, then no exception applies to it. Or to put it another way: all hindrance types are "hard", unless you have a rule that tells you different.
Cool - there you have it then. I ain't going to the tourney but at least there won't be much of a dispute when this comes up.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trying to finalize a pre-tourney ASL meeting on Friday, April 19. I have one other lined up for a game, looking for others. Please message me if you can meet with us.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two weeks away! The venue is near the South train Station. See you there!

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations to Zhen for his most enjoyable tournament as well as to Will Fleming for his victory.
I do not have Facebook here in China (a VPN for three weeks not worth the $$$$) and therefore cannot yet reply to the new FB friend requests.
I'll post pictures once back stateside.
One great time with new ASL friendships forged!