ASL in Chengdu, Sichuan, China - 20 & 21 April 2019

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Friends,

Richard WANG Zhen has just shared a treat with us here in Asia-Pacific: He is planning a tournament in his hometown next spring. Attaching a draft of his announcement. Will get a PDF up as soon as one is available.

Chengdu-成都_201904-1.jpg
Chengdu-成都_201904-2.jpg
Richard is one of the kindest souls I've ever met. I know he'll make a fantastic host for the event. Please give him your encouragement and support.

Cheers!

- G

Last edited:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a nice poster!

I wish that i could make this tourney.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like about a 5 hour flight and a non-stop from Singapore is around $560 SGD. Cheaper options for as low as $300 exist if you can accept a layover. Should be doable...food will be excellent I suspect.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Glad that ASL tournaments become more and more common in that part of the world. I would really be there but from Europe it's a little too far...
One thing I notice is that the schedule appears very optimistic with four scenarios zipped in 16 hours of play. Or scenarios are very small and short (not ideal), or TDs must be ready to judge and assign the games not ended by the time scheduled (even worst). May be the schedule is not so strict as written, but - if this is true - it should be highlighted. Anyway good luck!!!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Zhen. I just spoke with my wife (she is Chinese and is from Jiangxi). I will attend.
I hope that I can meet other members from Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and perhaps Japan at this tournament.
This, for me is a no-brainer. My in-laws--who I love dearly are getting on in life and they both will accompany me and the wife to this tourney. We will then journey to western China from here.
For me, the timing is just perfect.
I plan on arriving in Chengdu two days prior. This will allow me to meet and do some open gaming with any early arrival. I have been to China more times than I can count, but I have not yet been to Szechuan.
I love spicy food--la-de!
Meant to be.
Please send me a pm with the details.
T-Shirts being made for this?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A GPS on the phone should be able to find this address without mishap.
My experiences in China with Taxi drivers has been a LOT better than with European Taxis who assume we want a guided tour of their city! Taxi drivers in China will actually race like hell to get you quickly to your destination. A bit nerve wracking but you somehow arrive in one piece!

The address:
Address and Contact Details
Address:Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
Ren Min Nan Road 42
610041 Chengdu
ChinaContact:reservations.chengdu@kempinski.comPhone:+86 28 8526 9999Fax:+86 28 8512 2666
what3words address:nappy.clouding.tweaked

Zhen Wang

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Zhen. I just spoke with my wife (she is Chinese and is from Jiangxi). I will attend.
I hope that I can meet other members from Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and perhaps Japan at this tournament.
This, for me is a no-brainer. My in-laws--who I love dearly are getting on in life and they both will accompany me and the wife to this tourney. We will then journey to western China from here.
For me, the timing is just perfect.
I plan on arriving in Chengdu two days prior. This will allow me to meet and do some open gaming with any early arrival. I have been to China more times than I can count, but I have not yet been to Szechuan.
I love spicy food--la-de!
Meant to be.
Please send me a pm with the details.
T-Shirts being made for this?
Welcome to join us!!!!!!!!
T-shirt will be made after new year. Will post information about it later here.

Zhen Wang

Reaction score
Country
llChina
A GPS on the phone should be able to find this address without mishap.
My experiences in China with Taxi drivers has been a LOT better than with European Taxis who assume we want a guided tour of their city! Taxi drivers in China will actually race like hell to get you quickly to your destination. A bit nerve wracking but you somehow arrive in one piece!

The address:
Address and Contact Details
Address:Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
Ren Min Nan Road 42
610041 Chengdu
ChinaContact:reservations.chengdu@kempinski.comPhone:+86 28 8526 9999Fax:+86 28 8512 2666
what3words address:nappy.clouding.tweaked
Thanks for your post here!