ASL EU - tournament- Rome 10th, 11 th and 12th june

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
A detailed report will follow. This one is by memory.

Player Name (wins - Lost - Median Buholz - round of first loss)

Winner: Fabrizio Da Pra (4 - 1 - 33 - 5th)
2nd Place: Mario Aceto (4 - 1 - 27 - 4th)
3rd Place: Paolo Cariolato (4 - 1 - 25 - 3rd)
4th Place : Ran Shiloah (4 - 1 - 25 - 2nd)
5th Place : Fabio Mazzucchelli (4 - 1 - 21 - 1st)

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congrats to all the Top Five.
I am glad I didn’t have to score all those 4-1 finishers.
Especially the Top Three: Mario beat Paolo who beat Fabrizio who beat Mario.
Fabrizio’s loss came last, so that was the difference.
Although I did have to adjudicate three games at the very end.
I hate adjudicating, but all six players pretty much agreed who was wining their game so it all went pretty smooth.
Tournament Director Mario recused himself since he was in the running.
Regardless of placement, everyone seemed to have a good time, which is the raison d’etre of it all.

Alessandro D.

Blind Sniper
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Great place, well organized, very good food and tons of fun (in games and after games).

Most of the scenarios that I played were Hatten ones and I really liked them, soon I will start the campaign with another Rome 22 attendee!
The living Perry Sez and the tournament support in general by him has been a great plus :)

Looking forward to Rome 23!

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
It was a GREAT tournament, very nice people, great venue, nice weather and food,.... I think its a must to European players! Thank you for everything and see you next year!!!

(Edit: I will buy new dice, because I dont want to get the boxcars prize again!!!)

degiabo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
ASL-EU2022 AAR

WO31-MyDeuceDelivers
I’ve tried to balance my SU with a strong left, leaving the most of the dummy for right. And he stroke with almost all his force on my right!
We got at middle game with my left wing units captured or broken and the right one missing to take a useful position. Only gain for me a king tiger my braves got in CC.
At the time the tank destroyers reinforcements had to enter the game my opponent had to go for personal reasons. On the actual onboard situation we agreed to roll the dice and I got the lower one.

HF1-BlackDayInHatten
I hate HiF!
As Allied I started not so bad.
I took his gun crew by a sniper attack and a free pass on my left due to his SU.
But I was able to exploit it only with two tanks, being the support infantry halted on the poor cover terrain.
The main effort towards the north of the center failed to gain a foothold in it under the cover of the low visibility.
So when his crew remanned the gun (suddenly destroying one of my tanks) the axis reinforcements entered the game and gained a good hold position it was time to resign.

AP143-LateForChow
I got Germans and on my opponent’s SU I choose to try a never before explored (for me) all on the right attack.
As required my units annichilated the Allied right wing on the first two turns.
Then we was into bocage!
I pressed on to encounter his reinforcements and his hurring up right wing, easygoing on bad start performances of my delaying units.
We runned out of time and stopped the game at the start of Allied last player turn.
At that time I had a lot of units ready to enter the victory area and a support force to hinder any allied attempt to harm them.
Games referees gave me the victory.

HF8-Fahrenhait 352
I really hate HiF!
Defending with Germans.
I setup almost evenly on the town.
The Americans strike right on the center with a lot of white fosforus from mortars and smoke from tanks.
My efforts to help from the flanks get little an effect. Too much allied tanks storming everywhere.
Also the two germans tanks early arrive have little an effect.
At the time the scheduled reinforcements arrive and the infantry deploy to help the few remaining units holding the esternmost victory building one of the two Mk.IV has been destroyed.
It is too late on the night for me to try an hold at the last counter, so it is my time to resign.

J193-Raff’sRule
I played the axis and missed to cover under foxholes the only my SU unit in allied SU los.
Obviously it was under mortar fire at the very beginning.
Then the parà urged forward and ended the allied turn on the first woods borders.
I moved my units out of los, so my opponent tried some recons by fire to search for my hip units.
Sadly for him on one of them my sniper took a shot on his 10-2 and killed him over a stack of two squads and two hs.
He suddenly resigned.