ASL errata and Q&A v23 23

No permission to download

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ScottRomanowski submitted a new resource:

ASL errata and Q&A v23 - Compilation of ASL errata, official Q&A, and old unofficial Q&A

This is a compilation of official errata and Q&A from AH and MMP, plus older unofficial Q&A. I have tried not to overlap Klas's PerrySez compilation.

This includes changes to Hollow Legions 1st edition from the new Hollow Legions 3rd edition.
Read more about this resource...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just a question for better understanding:

Why would one not slap your Q&A and Klas' compilation together into one big "Kill'em All"-file?

At least with regard to unofficial Q&A. Is there some specific reason for keeping them separate or do you know why Klas does not incorporate your unofficial Q&A (since as you say you attempt to avoid overlap in your file with his)?

von Marwitz

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas has incorporated all unofficial Q&A in some of his files.

I'm getting back into this after a 15+ year absence, and this is the first version I'm posting since 2005. There are bugs that will be worked out!

Fungable

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My first post so I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.
In votg I am trying to validate placing a roadblock across a road hex side with debris, orchard or rubble - maybe even open ground adjacent instead of woods or building. Seem as though this would be permissible and yet I find no rules to justify.

Last edited:

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome to the forums, @Fungable!

There's a section devoted to rules questions, ASL Specialty Forums -> Rules & Errata. Perhaps a moderator could move these?

If I understand your question, you're asking if for example, in the B29.4 EX illustration, could the roadblock still be placed if hexes G9 and H7 were debris/orchard/rubble/open ground, right? The answer is yes, the roadblock could still be placed but it would have no effect on movement through G9 or H7. The "extensions" in G9 or H7 only exist if G9 or H7 are woods/building hexes (B29.2). If G9 and H7 were not woods/building, then there's no extension. You could place a roadblock in 1D6-E7, but vehicles could easily move around it through D7 or E6. It would act like a wall and could give units in D6 or E7 wall TEM or HD status, but it has much less of an effect restricting movement.