ASL Complete "black" OoB from ABtF is on Ebay

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

Just making all aware that there is a complete, unpuched "black" OoB from the MMP ABtF module available on Evil Bay at this moment.

The seller appears to be in Great Britian and if you purchase this, the shipping will be about 41.12 Pounds (GB currency) and it is now listed for 80GBPs.

It is a real bargain for the folks in the GB area.

Not sure if the folks on the European continent are allowed to have such items.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
All,

Just making all aware that there is a complete, unpuched "black" OoB from the MMP ABtF module available on Evil Bay at this moment.

The seller appears to be in Great Britian and if you purchase this, the shipping will be about 41.12 Pounds (GB currency) and it is now listed for 80GBPs.

It is a real bargain for the folks in the GB area.

Not sure if the folks on the European continent are allowed to have such items.
Hell he is charging Waaaaay over the shipping price even if tracked and insured, I recently shipped around 30 punched and clipped countersheets that cost £74:28p . So the black SS, around 3-4 countersheets therefore shipping should be at least a at least 1:2 of what is quoted from the U.K. !

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
selling stuff on ebay sucks bad now, they now make you wait two weeks to get your money and they take a huge cut from what you sell. Thought about using consim on FB but all there are on there are resellers.

Scott

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
selling stuff on ebay sucks bad now, they now make you wait two weeks to get your money and they take a huge cut from what you sell. Thought about using consim on FB but all there are on there are resellers.

Scott
I haven't used eBay for ages. Back then, at first they charged nothing at all. Later only a small amount for putting up an auction (depending on the starting price). But those were the days, when eBay USA and eBay Germany were separate. Those were pre-PayPal days and most of the time, payment would be sent per snail-mail in cash.

I collected some miniatures then for Middle Earth and bought stuff via eBay Germany to sell them with a cut despite high (but not yet ridiculous) shipping cost & customs via eBay USA and vice versa. It was some work, but altogether I basically got my collection "for free" that way.

If I may ask:
What are the "standard" fees that eBay charges nowadays?

von Marwitz

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ebay good for buying (if you can find a reasonable price for something). Absolutely horrible for selling. The cut they take for hosting a few kilobytes of 1s and 0s is criminal.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Given that there's combined ABTF/PB combined revised module in the works, I guess it drifts towards purely collection value pretty fast.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Given that there will be no Black SS in the rehash yes it will go up in price , my earlier statement was the way over the top price the guy was charging for shipping!
If anybody really really needs the black SS then buy the Broken ground set or the CH ones that are still available at the normal retail price .

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Never saw the point of black SS counters at this level of wargaming. never use them unless an opponent insists.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
As Von M asked, what % do eBay take from the sellers?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Given that there will be no Black SS in the rehash yes it will go up in price , my earlier statement was the way over the top price the guy was charging for shipping!
I did not know about a new issue of this. In any case, I've just checked: My ABTF copy is complete and unpunched - inclusive of the black SS counters.

Never saw the point of black SS counters at this level of wargaming. never use them unless an opponent insists.
I agree. I have never used them and always preferred the blue counters.

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I googled the answer to the eBay charge question. They generally take 10%.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I googled the answer to the eBay charge question. They generally take 10%.
It seems to be even more than that:

Since June 2021 it is 11%.
Plus 11% on shipping cost (one wonders why eBay charges anything for that as it is not involved at all)
Plus 4% for PayPal.

Maybe this differs from country to country, dunno. But I've seen enough.

Selling stuff via eBay by now incurs outrageous charges compared with what I knew when I used it. In the beginning, it cost nothing at all. Later, it was an incremental fixed amout dependent on the opening price.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
EBAY worked out a great business model. Make it a safe and attractive place for buyers and sellers have no choice but to follow!

A lot of platforms charge (close to) nothing but yet I feel much safer having EBAY between me and some faceless seller who's going to take my money first before anything else happens!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yes eBay have that money back guarantee for buyers if they do not receive their item. Makes it reassuring for them.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
EBAY worked out a great business model. Make it a safe and attractive place for buyers and sellers have no choice but to follow!

A lot of platforms charge (close to) nothing but yet I feel much safer having EBAY between me and some faceless seller who's going to take my money first before anything else happens!
If you are selling on eBay and incurring fees totalling around 20%, then that business-model is overstreched.

Without eBay's "security" implemented, by my own experience over hundreds of auctions without any security whatsoever, I can assure you that my loss ratio due to fraud / customers not paying never came remotely close to 1 in 5. But compared to that 1 in 5 or in other words ~20% fees is your inherent loss ratio with the current eBay business model.

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you are selling on eBay and incurring fees totalling around 20%, then that business-model is overstreched.

Without eBay's "security" implemented, by my own experience over hundreds of auctions without any security whatsoever, I can assure you that my loss ratio due to fraud / customers not paying never came remotely close to 1 in 5. But compared to that 1 in 5 or in other words ~20% fees is your inherent loss ratio with the current eBay business model.

von Marwitz
Risk is a perception for most people. So you don't use EBAY. I do. As long as more people feel it's worth it than otherwise, they have a business. Just got a couple of secondhand school books for my kid at a huge saving!

PS Just to be clear. I don't worry about customers not paying when I am the seller. I don't send ANYTHING until I get my money. The "security" I am talking about is for the BUYER who needs to send money first with no collateral.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I did not know about a new issue of this. In any case, I've just checked: My ABTF copy is complete and unpunched - inclusive of the black SS counters.

I agree. I have never used them and always preferred the blue counters.

von Marwitz
I would not prefer them

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I wonder if there are still some of the bootleg ABTF SS counter sets that were being sold at ASLOK about 15 years ago floating around?