Reaction score
Country
ll

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Is it the Red October factory? Better wait for MMP's Red Factories.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
Me too, the new one looks far too "clean". My DTW map has been blown up and laminated so I'm not inclined to go through that again. Now if Ray would do it using monster map panels a la Berlin, Omaha etc it would be a definite buy.

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
It now appears from today's CH email that there is going to be a series of Stalingrad maps. As usual detailed information is not provided as mystery is CH's main marketing weapon. I assume that this new TTV map is the first of that series so I am interested. May I ask the Gunner or some other kind soul to let us know the TTV map's dimensions and the width of the hexes. Also if anyone knows anything about future CH maps that will mate with it, do please tell.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looking closer at Scott's pictures and comparing the counter sheets with the hexes, they appear to be 1". Counting the numbers that are visible, the map appears to be 41" deep from the West edge to the Volga and 39" wide running North & South.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks ok but I still prefer the older DTW map.
After a while of looking, I now agree with you. The old map has a proper shoreline graphic, and the shell-holes look like shell-holes, with a lot of variability.

The new map has barely the minimum needed to mark the shoreline, and the shell-holes look like a) a braille pattern; and b) are exactly the same in alignment - the same can be said of rubble hexes as well.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It now appears from today's CH email that there is going to be a series of Stalingrad maps. As usual detailed information is not provided as mystery is CH's main marketing weapon. I assume that this new TTV map is the first of that series so I am interested. May I ask the Gunner or some other kind soul to let us know the TTV map's dimensions and the width of the hexes. Also if anyone knows anything about future CH maps that will mate with it, do please tell.
The monster map is 20 panels that measure, when put together about 5 ft. X 5 ft. 6 in. Each hex is 1 7/8 in. from point to point.

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Whiskers - I see there is now a Mamayev Kurgan monster map. Anyone know if this is the same scale and/or fits with the TTV monster map?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After a while of looking, I now agree with you. The old map has a proper shoreline graphic, and the shell-holes look like shell-holes, with a lot of variability.

The new map has barely the minimum needed to mark the shoreline, and the shell-holes look like a) a braille pattern; and b) are exactly the same in alignment - the same can be said of rubble hexes as well.
But don't you like how the water tanks (upper left in the image) all have different sun angles? :)

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thank God I dallied over getting Volga 1 - CH have today announced winterised versions. One shiny white monster set is on its way.