ASL Assist website.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great looking charts. Above someone mentioned the To Kill chart not showing everything. I am not sure how you construct the tables, however, in both Edge and Explorer, if I use the browser zoom function (which I always do since I have a 4k monitor) the browser does not create a scroll bar on the bottom when the zoom takes the table outside your current window width. If I zoom in, the entire table is there (although miniature font for my eyes).

In my basic html rulebook, both of the browsers automatically add the scroll bar on my tables if their width is greater than the width of the browser window. I am not schooled enough on the more advanced uses of html to tell why the difference in behavior. It must be something in how you construct the table that is escaping the browsers ability to determine it needs to add the scroll bar in order to see the entire content. Below is a snip of the browser window when I reduce the size to make it smaller than the width of the table.
This same table from your site:
Notice how the menu bar wraps, covering the top of the actual table, and there is no horizontal scroll bar on the bottom to allow you to see the entire page content. Something you may want to look into, although maybe other browsers don't work that way.

rwcallen

Librarian at the Gates
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for creating this resource, Kai. Now I'll just have my iPad mini and my pocket rule book in the play kit. Well done.

StoneX

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Great looking charts. Above someone mentioned the To Kill chart not showing everything. I am not sure how you construct the tables, however, in both Edge and Explorer, if I use the browser zoom function (which I always do since I have a 4k monitor) the browser does not create a scroll bar on the bottom when the zoom takes the table outside your current window width. If I zoom in, the entire table is there (although miniature font for my eyes).

In my basic html rulebook, both of the browsers automatically add the scroll bar on my tables if their width is greater than the width of the browser window. I am not schooled enough on the more advanced uses of html to tell why the difference in behavior. It must be something in how you construct the table that is escaping the browsers ability to determine it needs to add the scroll bar in order to see the entire content. Below is a snip of the browser window when I reduce the size to make it smaller than the width of the table.

This same table from your site:
Notice how the menu bar wraps, covering the top of the actual table, and there is no horizontal scroll bar on the bottom to allow you to see the entire page content. Something you may want to look into, although maybe other browsers don't work that way.
I can tell you what the problem is even though it doesnt help you for the moment.

The page is based on a framework that helped me to put it together faster than if I had to do all the programming/layout things by myself. Like Lego Building Blocks or so. The Phase Reference for example works very well even if you zoom it, the tables on the other hand not as they should (I tested the zooming myself a few minutes ago based on your experience). I got the tables with friendly permission from Matt Evans and he did the tables primarily for printing. I want them primarily for online use on different devices/browsers/monitors. So I stripped down unnecessary HTML code and made some other minor corrections so that they work in a web site environment. I have to do some other modifications to the tables to work flawlessly.

Obviously the zoom function is not working (on all devices) and I have to look for the source of what causing this. There are literally thousands of HTML code lines that I have to check so that i dont expect a fast solution. Be patient or try a different device like a tablet or so.

__

I am on the IIFT thing. Coming this week. Prerequisites are done, just have to put them together.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am on the IIFT thing. Coming this week. Prerequisites are done, just have to put them together.
I seem to remember you have something A LOT more important coming up in the next 3 or 4 days. Get that squared away properly first! That will give them a chance to learn the IFT. :whistle:

StoneX

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well,

IIFT and contact page availabe.

If you want to use the IIFT, please go to "Settings" and choose IIFT. If you want to go back just choose IFT. This setting will be saved as long as your browser is not closed or if you do not click on a link on that page for more than 180 minutes.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

And for all you out there..........who miss your beer........wise words from wierd Al Yankovich..................remade from My Sharona by Queen...........Oh My Carona.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!! drink on and stay safe everyone.??

StoneX

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Unfórtunately I got a message from Perry that I have to take down my page. The phase reference can stay because no charts and tables.

Sorry

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Unfórtunately I got a message from Perry that I have to take down my page. The phase reference can stay because no charts and tables.

Sorry
Hm... Did Perry give any mor detail about the reasons?

Surely the charts look in parts like MMP's one to one.
On the other hand, LFT's Rat Pocket Charts match MMP's in content, which seems (I dunno) not to create an issue.

In case I would be correct on the latter, then if you created your "own" charts, you might be ok.

von Marwitz

StoneX

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hm... Did Perry give any mor detail about the reasons?

Surely the charts look in parts like MMP's one to one.
On the other hand, LFT's Rat Pocket Charts match MMP's in content, which seems (I dunno) not to create an issue.

In case I would be correct on the latter, then if you created your "own" charts, you might be ok.

von Marwitz
You are probably right but I dont get any money out of this and in the first place I did this because I dont like searching in paper based charts. And the electronic charts I found were in individual files and/or in pdfs and that was even worse than having the paper ones. It was and still is an attempt to have everything I need to play on a single place with fast and easy access. I played several times now with them and I like that a lot. At least I myself can use them in the future. If I now take the tables you can freely find online at Texas ASL and convert them so that I can use them on my page or I build them by my own I dont gain anything but loose many hours. And even then maybe MMP write again a message to take it down.

I dont know why LFT can print and sell the charts or why you can freely find them at Texas ASL.

But maybe with an eRulebook coming from MMP they provide us with easy accessible electronic charts. :)