ASL Annuals in PDF format

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Got the bundle. I bought and read all the Annuals back in the day, but I lost some of them to humidity in the interim, and I'm happy to support MMP's efforts to move into the late 20th century. Or beyond :)

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the scenario "cards"/pages separate PDFs from the magazine content or part of the content like the original magazine?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As far as I can tell, they're included in the same pages as the original content, except that when the scenario has been updated and republished in a module it's the updated scenario instead of the original.

I started reading, and in the Annual '89 the first article is about the Americans in ASL; the strange thing is that the article describes the American 2nd line squad as 5-5-6, not the 5-4-6 what we know - and I don't think that they were ever 5-5-6 in ASL, right?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
As someone eluded to above you could print off all the cards if you so desired. Some of the ones that have not been redone are a little grainy compared to the ones that have but that should in no way deter your enjoyment or reading of those cards. If your OCD you’ll noticed it, but it’s very minor.

Best bang for your buck in 2020 IMO.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
It's a great idea. And I wish it's extended to another products long time ago out of printing, like Out of the Attic, the Journals and scenario bundles (w/o maps, I understand that) from action packs and Operations Special Issues and Special Ops. Not that I need them, I only lack Out of the Attic 1, but I'm thinking for my collegues that don't have them.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to see (and spring for) similar packs of updated scenarios released in modules that one may not have purchased. [EX: I got the 1st publication of AoO which included some updated scenarios but not as many as the last print and am reticent to purchase the 2nd edition primarily for more updated scenarios contained therein]. Yes I can wait for Journal(s) and post changes but my OCD nature would like to have an updated version that I can look-at/print-out.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Has anyone besides me tried doing anything with their download? I'm using Apple Preview on a Mac.
I tried using PDF markup to highlight sections; the file would not allow it, nor would it allow creation of a copy for markup.
I tried to print a scenario; the page came out mostly black with only the orders of battle and the turn track readable.
I tried to copy one page to a new file; that did not work.

EDIT: I tried using Adobe Acrobat instead of Preview. I was able to highlight text and have it saved. I was able to print a scenario.

Last edited:

ASLAddict

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Has anyone besides me tried doing anything with their download? I'm using Apple Preview on a Mac.
I tried using PDF markup to highlight sections; the file would not allow it, nor would it allow creation of a copy for markup.
I tried to print a scenario; the page came out mostly black with only the orders of battle and the turn track readable.
I tried to copy one page to a new file; that did not work.

EDIT: I tried using Adobe Acrobat instead of Preview. I was able to highlight text and have it saved. I was able to print a scenario.
I also use Adobe Acrobat on a Macbook Air. Runs a bit jerky. Highlighting etc. works.

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not tried printing the scenarios to card stock as yet but I was able to print scenarios to a PDF file without a problem. I use Windows 10 and I printed the PDF file with the Microsoft print to PDF driver.

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Preview on the Mac doesn't appear to be able to handle the Annual bundle. There might be some password scheme present.
I used PDF Expert to extract a scenario to print; this seemed to work. I also tried to annotate a scenario to test with some success.
Printing pages to a PDF file, might work as mentioned above.