volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
The following errata appears on the MMP site:
ASL 85 (No Way Out): The TKS(L) in the Polish OB does not have a BMG; the counters and Chapter H are correct.

ASL 85 (No Way Out): Shorten game length by one turn. Delete two 4-5-7s from the Polish OB (changes BI to 128).

My scenario card (DB, 3rd ed.) still has the TKS(L) with BMGs on their counters, so the first item seems to be post-publishing errata.

I don't know how many 4-5-7s were in the original Polish OOB, but the BI is listed as 128 on my card, which seems to show this was corrected in the edition (3rd) I have.

Q:Is my counter track of 7 full turns correct? Seeing as the deletion of one full Game Turn is in the same errata note as the the 4-5-7 deletion, which itself is correct on my card, does this mean I have the 'corrected' game length on my copy; i.e. 7 full turns?

Thanks!

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Both those errata are to bring the 2nd Ediiton DB scenario up to 3rd Edition.
Does "both those errata" mean 1(TKS) and 2(game length & OOB/BI), or 2a(game length) and 2b(OOB/BI)? There are technically three different errata there. I ask because I have DB3 wherein Errata 1(TKS) is not corrected on the card, but 2b(OOB/BI) is corrected on the card. My question was to whether 2a(game length) could be assumed to be already corrected on the card because 2b was.

My point was that Errata 1 (TKS) appeared to have been issued after DB3 was released; if not, surely it would have been corrected on the card. Seeing as 2b (OOB/BI) was corrected on my DB3 card, that errata must have been issued before DB3 was released. Ergo my question as to whether 2a (game length) could be assumed to be also issued as well before DB3 was released; i.e. it is correct on the DB3 card as well.

Sorry for belaboring my question as I will play it as 7 full Game Turns as printed.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Does "both those errata" mean 1(TKS) and 2(game length & OOB/BI), or 2a(game length) and 2b(OOB/BI)?
I meant the "Shorten game length by one turn. Delete two 4-5-7s from the Polish OB (changes BI to 128)." errata. That is already "fixed" on the 3rd Edition scenario.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does "both those errata" mean 1(TKS) and 2(game length & OOB/BI), or 2a(game length) and 2b(OOB/BI)? There are technically three different errata there. I ask because I have DB3 wherein Errata 1(TKS) is not corrected on the card, but 2b(OOB/BI) is corrected on the card. My question was to whether 2a(game length) could be assumed to be already corrected on the card because 2b was.

My point was that Errata 1 (TKS) appeared to have been issued after DB3 was released; if not, surely it would have been corrected on the card. Seeing as 2b (OOB/BI) was corrected on my DB3 card, that errata must have been issued before DB3 was released. Ergo my question as to whether 2a (game length) could be assumed to be also issued as well before DB3 was released; i.e. it is correct on the DB3 card as well.

Sorry for belaboring my question as I will play it as 7 full Game Turns as printed.
I suspect just FYI at this point, but in the 1st Ed. version of this DB scenario (the one I have), the TKS(1) counter had no BMG but game length was 8 turns and there were 18 Polish squads (BI=144). Apparently, the TKS(1) error was introduced in the 2nd (or 3rd) Ed., necessitiating multiple errata but for different people, depending on the Ed. (or even printing of Ed.?) they possess.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I suspect just FYI at this point, but in the 1st Ed. version of this DB scenario (the one I have), the TKS(1) counter had no BMG but game length was 8 turns and there were 18 Polish squads (BI=144). Apparently, the TKS(1) error was introduced in the 2nd (or 3rd) Ed., necessitiating multiple errata but for different people, depending on the Ed. (or even printing of Ed.?) they possess.
Correct. From the 1st Edition (don't have 2nd, so I can't check that one):
TKS.png

The errata on MMP's website should probably be marked as to which edition it applies.

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
This was WELL worth the clarifications sought. Well balanced, and easily one of the Top 3 Night actions I've played! Thanks for the help!