ASL 2nd edition rules worth getting?

splooger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the first edition rules and all the old annuals. Is the second edition rules worth trying to get a copy of?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I say yes, but I have a copy of both. You may have to look on ebay to find one though. MMP says they are going to reprint the rulebook before long, however, I wouldn't expect to see it for several months.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
It's not an essential buy, but I think it's worth it if you have the money. Apart from the errata and the few rules changes, you get clearer type, a few comprehensive examples, and some extra handy dividers (like the IIFT, the OBA and Overrun flowcharts), and Chapter E. Of course, if you already have those things, it may not be worth so much...

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The flashiest and best part of ASL RB2 in my opinion as an owner of ASL RB1 was the dividers and footnotes portions.

If you have the ASL Action Packs though, you already have those elements to some extent (like the Offboard Artillery Flow Chart).

ASL RB2 is only "vital" to a new player. A veteran player will likely know exactly what needs to be tweaked in his ASL RB1.

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have an ASLRBv2 on the way, and it was teh sux to find.

Of course, I'm currently missing all those Action Pack updates, etc.

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If you have already the 1st edition and know the updates to 2nd edition while playing, I´d say, you won´t need it, but if you start asl or restart after some time, it makes some rules pretty much clearer than 1st edition.