ASL 121 End Station Budapest SSR 3 Question

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not easy to catch everything when editing/proofing.
No worries Klas I'm just glad Gamesquad is here to clarify issues like this. If I'd been a proof reader I would probably have missed it too.

Understood, and much appreciation is to be awarded for the people that do all that hard work, but this should be addressed in official errata at some point. Because it is very confusing as currently written.
I too would like to see something official, eventually. In the meantime we will play it per 25.8.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SSR states Romanian AEs have a broken side Morale Level one greater than printed. However, since this is a Romanian vs. Hungarian scenario, A25.8 states "Due to the historical dislike Hungarians and Romanians had for each other, in all scenarios where Hungarians are fighting Romanians, the broken Morale Level of their MMC is one higher than printed and No Quarter (A20.3) is in effect for both sides."

So, is the morale level one higher or two higher for the Romanian AEs?
A25.8 applies normally. This scenario was designed a long time ago--early 90s. Either missed by the proofers/testers and it just could have been my error way back when. If my memory holds up, I believe this was added as a reminder that the broken ML is increased. For me, this is one reason I loved Broken Ground's counters--the morale increase is on different sets of Romanians/Hungarians when fighting each other. The same is with his Allied Minors when fighting the Italians.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A25.8 changed substantially from 1st edition. There was no separate rules for any particular Axis Minor nationality. In particular there was no rule that said the broken ML changed for Romanians and Hungarians when fighting each other.

JR
THIS is the answer, I believe. I designed many of the AoO a few years before I left ASL for eleven years(!). I did not even see the finished product until 2006. And even then, did not open the box for another four years. I believe the morale increase for Allied MInors vs Italians was in the rules but I did not think the same was true for the Romanians vs Hungarians. So yes, now this SSR is superfluous.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I believe the morale increase for Allied MInors vs Italians was in the rules but I did not think the same was true for the Romanians vs Hungarians.
I don't see any rule that says ML increases vs. italians in either old or current rules.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I don't see any rule that says ML increases vs. italians in either old or current rules.
It does not apply to all Allied Minors - only Greek or Yugoslavian.

A25.9:
The broken Morale Level of all minor country squads is one less than that unit’s unbroken Morale Level [EXC: Greek or Yugoslavian forces opposing an all-Italian OB have the broken Morale Level of their MMC increased by one].

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One other question. I'm confident that the Railroads are ground level. I thought the ASLRB stipulated that unless otherwise noted all RRs are GLRR but I could not find that in B32.1.

Please confirm Railroads are GLRR @Tooz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
One other question. I'm confident that the Railroads are ground level. I thought the ASLRB stipulated that unless otherwise noted all RRs are GLRR but I could not find that in B32.1.
I believe an SSR to the contrary, the RR are of the type depicted on the overlay.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I thought so too, but I could not find that in the ASLRB. But my reading comprehension is declining in my old age :)
I don't think the rule book says it (or needs to) - if the depiction is not Sunken or Elevated - the RR is ground level (since there is no EmRR depiction).

Sort of like a gray building on an overlay is stone.