ASL 10 The Citadel Rules Questions

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, thanks. I know what it's supposed to say. Was just looking for any published errata for the first version of the card. Normally there would be somewhere I could point this guy where he could confirm the change for himself. But all that turns up is the one for the German setup. It's as if this error never existed. But there it is.
Mandela effect

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, thanks. I know what it's supposed to say. Was just looking for any published errata for the first version of the card. Normally there would be somewhere I could point this guy where he could confirm the change for himself. But all that turns up is the one for the German setup. It's as if this error never existed. But there it is.
Are you suggesting nefarious forces are at play, deception ? Somebody or something photoshopped the image ? A glimse into a parallel universe ?

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My original BV v1 card has "set up anywhere north of the canal but not within five hexes of 23BB5 or on or within the road net L2-L5-J6-...".

The card from BV v2 (the one that included Red Barricades) has the mistake in the picture, "set up anywhere north of the canal ≥ 6 hexes from 23BB5 or on/within the road net L2-L5-J6-...". I think it's obvious what happened; someone replaced "but not within fives hexes of" with "≥ 6" without reading the entire sentence.

The card from BV v3 has "set up anywhere north of the canal ≥ 6 hexes from 23BB5 and not on/within the road net L2-L5-J6-...". This fixed the v2 error by replacing "or" with "and not".

I think @pybarrondo just found a change no one noticed and that never had any published errata!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC there were a few BV and Classics scenarios re-published over the course of Module upgrades and publications without ever mentioning that errata had been issued for these scenarios. Probably none were so far reaching as the afore mentioned but I think Hill 253.5 was one of those that had a significant change as well.

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My original BV v1 card has "set up anywhere north of the canal but not within five hexes of 23BB5 or on or within the road net L2-L5-J6-...".

The card from BV v2 (the one that included Red Barricades) has the mistake in the picture, "set up anywhere north of the canal ≥ 6 hexes from 23BB5 or on/within the road net L2-L5-J6-...".
Ah, thanks for that! I did have v2 at one point but sold it. So that was the only version I didn't have handy to check.