ArrayIndexExceptionOutOfBoundsException

Tycho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using VASL 6.6.6 /VASSAL 3.6.19 (I have audit log on, can't figure out where the file is):

Using board(s): 24(v7.0) 17(v6.5) 44(v6.6) 42(v6.7)

VASL LOS disabled: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 645 out of bounds for length 645. VASSAL los active

Scenario with the Finns (with a bunch of overlays), in the counter window the spot for 2nd line shows as 1st line (ELRing still works):
It doesn't seem to be a fatal error but it's a large-ish scenario that I don't want to have die in the middle.
Thanks,

Tycho

Attachments

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Both of these are known bugs. Neither should be fatal.

In the first case, the LOS has been disabled. The VASSAL los string will still work but VASL LOS checking will not.

In the second case, you have already figured out the work around.

I have no reports of either bug causing the game to crash. Of course this is not a warranty, express or implied, and should your game crash, please don't hunt me down! LOL.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Using VASL 6.6.6 /VASSAL 3.6.19 (I have audit log on, can't figure out where the file is):
If you are using Windows, try C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\VASSAL

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Using board(s): 24(v7.0) 17(v6.5) 44(v6.6) 42(v6.7)

VASL LOS disabled: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 645 out of bounds for length 645. VASSAL los active
I have been working on a similar problem and have found a solution to it. I am hoping it will apply to you. Can you give me more details on the map setup - or just send me the .vsav file (dougerimmer@gmail.com). I will give it a test.