Arranging Re-inforcements.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi All,

The AATF scenario help guide is great. I do find the process a bit "involved" but I understand that much can be accomplished with a great deal of refinement.............but;

For the love of God.................and maybe a good scenario, tell me how to arrange reinforcements.

I have a simple AATF scenario made. But to finish I must designate some units as re-inforcements so they arrive later in the game.

I have looked everywhere, and not to complain ;) , but there is nothing I can find that says, How to add Re-Inforcements.

And please if you know how, explain it to me in a very simple and straight forward way. The old gray cells ain't what they used to be.

Thanks for any help.

Regards John

Last edited:

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi John,

Yes I have been using this excellent resource as a guide to building my scenario but I still cannot find a clear way (to me anyway) to schedule reinforcements.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards John

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a VERY quick gouge on how to do it:

1. Make the units invisible using the "Locked: Invisible" order from the Order menu
2. Open the "Environment" component from the "Component" menu.
3. Add a phase order.
4. For the condition, add a time condition
5. Add a hierarchy order. For the hierarchy name, specify the invisible unit. For the order, specify "Cancel Toggle Order" and select "Locked: invisible" as the order to cancel.

OK out of everything. The units will then become visible at the specified time.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. It is much appreciated. I will give it a go.

regards John

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, for more realism, you can give them a path with the first node as a "stop" node and give a phase order "Cancel Toggle Order", "Stop" at the same time so that they are moving when they appear.

There are some other advanced techniques to give realism as well - try these first and then play with the flexibility of the AI.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Curt,

Thanks for the reply. I will try that too.

Regards John

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your suggestion. I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately it did not work.

The unit does not appear at the time indicated. It does start its movement path at the right time but remains invisible. Be assured the arrival time is in advance of the start to move order.

I have tried for hours today to find a way to do this. I even did a fresh install of AATF thinking maybe something was corrupted. But it was the same.

Everything else works well. Adding units, making event boxes, and as long as I only give delayed movement orders to detached or stand alone units then they work as well.

Movement paths are not working for heirarchies as they always revert to a 999 start hour. So they just stay put.

Delayed appearence (Units as reinforcements) does not work for heiarchies for the same reason.

That is my catalogue of woes. And since that is all that is worrying me then I must be doing very well. :joy:

My plan is to eventually, and as time allows,make a first group of five scenarios. 1 is complete. The others should be more easily made now that I am familiar with the basics. It would be better if I could give reinforcement directions to units but the scenario will still be very playable without them but alas not as realistic.

Any help is of course much appreciated.

Regards John

Last edited: