Armor Leadership modifies combined IFE (MA) + MG shot?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I coulda' swore an armor leader affected a combined vehicular IFE(MA) + MG shots?

Looking at the rules it does not seem that he can?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I agree. It doesn't seem like he can modify combined IFE/MG attacks unless so used during an OVR. D3.44:

3.44 The leadership modifier of an Armor Leader can be used only to modify a vehicle's MA DR (To Hit if ordnance; IFT otherwise), OVR DR, CC DR, HD Maneuver dr (4.22), halftrack FG (3.4), and Bog Removal DR. An Armor Leader cannot modify non-OVR MG/FT (unless MA) attacks, but neither does his use of an AAMG prohibit application of his leadership to other uses...​

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I agree. It doesn't seem like he can modify combined IFE/MG attacks unless so used during an OVR. D3.44:

3.44 The leadership modifier of an Armor Leader can be used only to modify a vehicle's MA DR (To Hit if ordnance; IFT otherwise), OVR DR, CC DR, HD Maneuver dr (4.22), halftrack FG (3.4), and Bog Removal DR. An Armor Leader cannot modify non-OVR MG/FT (unless MA) attacks, but neither does his use of an AAMG prohibit application of his leadership to other uses...​
Interesting. I did not realize that an AL can modify MG in an OVR.

Which gives rise to the following question: Can he modify the 'entire' OVR-attack, i.e. the sum of the base attack value (oftentimes 4FP) plus the MGs? I would think so, because otherwise, I would not know how to handle the OVR-attack.

von Marwitz

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Interesting. I did not realize that an AL can modify MG in an OVR.

Which gives rise to the following question: Can he modify the 'entire' OVR-attack, i.e. the sum of the base attack value (oftentimes 4FP) plus the MGs? I would think so, because otherwise, I would not know how to handle the OVR-attack.

von Marwitz
Yes, look at the section quoted, the AL modifier an OVR DR.