Armor Leader casualty - when revealed?

Andy Bagley

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llUnited Kingdom
An AFV is destroyed and the crew does not survive. Unknown to the opponent, that AFV contained an armor leader (it was not previously revealed). If CVP are relevant to the scenario victory conditions, must the presence of the armor leader be declared as soon as the crew fails its survival DR? Of course, it must be declared when CVPs are counted at game end (or earlier if a CVP cap is triggered), but it might affect play if the opponent does not know whether the enemy armor leader is still in play or not.
Actually, the question could still apply even if CVP are not relevant; do you get to find out if you've killed a (previously-unrevealed) armor leader?

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If CVP are relevant to the scenario victory conditions, must the presence of the armor leader be declared as soon as the crew fails its survival DR?
Yes.
eASLRB said:
A26.22 CASUALTY VICTORY POINTS: Whenever a scenario uses
Casualty Victory Points (CVP), each player receives CVP for eliminated/
captured enemy units/equipment, and should keep a side record of his CVP
by simply recording an appropriate number of slash marks as each piece is
removed from play
or by appropriately moving his VP marker along the
Victory Point Track of the Scenario Aid Card.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I thought there was a Q&A about revealing a dead AL only at game end, but I could not find it.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC the discussion resulted in revelation of an eliminated AL only when their loss affects the VC's (e.g. CVP calculation). If it does, then the loss must be announced immediately upon its elimination (A26.2-26.221). I don't believe there was a requirement to reveal them at game end (just like remaining HIP units) if they have no bearing upon the VC but common courtesy should require this approach, for AAR purposes if nothing else.

Andy Bagley

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llUnited Kingdom
IIRC the discussion resulted in revelation of an eliminated AL only when their loss affects the VC's (e.g. CVP calculation). If it does, then the loss must be announced immediately upon its elimination (A26.2-26.221). I don't believe there was a requirement to reveal them at game end (just like remaining HIP units) if they have no bearing upon the VC but common courtesy should require this approach, for AAR purposes if nothing else.
I haven't found this Q&A, but what you say makes perfect sense - thank you.