Armies of Oblivion

buser333

Reaction score
The expanded contents MMP provided with this re-issue are of course awesome for those of us that acquired it but, thinking ahead for those who will be purchasing this on the secondary market, I find the lack of notation on the box cover as to what edition this is a bit remiss. When For King and Country, Yanks, and Rising Sun were re-issued they received a whole new look and/or new names. Why was that not the case here as this is, in effect, a new edition? The only indication this is a different version than the previous one is the back of the box. My concern is that newcomers and players returning to the game down-the-line will face unnecessary confusion as to which edition they will be receiving. It is never a good idea to provide possible frustration to those getting into the hobby. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I got mine a couple of years ago, it's normal MMP printing, whats the difference with this 'new' version compared to the old?

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got mine a couple of years ago, it's normal MMP printing, whats the difference with this 'new' version compared to the old?
"Counters note: We are not including in this reprint the German, Russian, British, and Italian counters that we printed in the original ARMIES OF OBLIVION. We printed the corrected counters for prior modules in BEYOND VALOR 3rd Edition and in FOR KING AND COUNTRY, or will include them in the reprint of HOLLOW LEGIONS. The counters for the German Sturmtiger and SdKfz 10/5came with prior historical modules, and we printed them in HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!, along with all the new Russian (mostly lend-lease) counters. Instead, we are using that space to print new First Fire counters for optional use that indicate which specific weapon(s) have fired, e.g., First Fire-Inherent, First Fire-MG, First Fire-MA, etc. We hope players will find these useful."

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The new version included various First Fire counters--e.g. First Fire- MA, First Fire-All MG, First Fire- Inherent, etc. There were counters for "Motion Attempt" with "sD Attempt" on the back. Finally, there were Hungarian FT and DC counters. Alas, no Hungarian Concealment counters were inside.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
... Alas, no Hungarian Concealment counters were inside.
Hungarians use German concealment counters.

During a Hun-Rom scenario, try to keep German ?s on as long as possible! Once the action gets close, the sides can still be hard to distinguish, despite the two-tone Huns!