Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Though I have a couple of deployed AoO, I will get a single reprint, just like for Y2 and RS. Between getting updated or retreaded scenarios, etc, I hope my second hand (through SCG) pre-order will help to push up the numbers and get it out fractionally earlier or at least help ensure it gets done.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I will preorder through an European retailer (Second chance games, presumably) to try to partly escape from the shipping costs that the USPS practice, which are an official, legal mobster's extortion industry.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I will preorder through an European retailer (Second chance games, presumably) to try to partly escape from the shipping costs that the USPS practice, which are an official, legal mobster's extortion industry.
You should try shipping from Europe to the US. Your postage isn't all that cheap coming this way either. -- jim

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be interested to see how the preorder number goes.
Brian Youse says they are going to reprint it regardless of the number of preorders. I cannot find the preorder page, but I didn't look very hard.

Brian Youse said:
It will have to hit 500 preorders
Actually, it won't. Its just going on preorder as an opportunity for people to get it cheaper and for us to get some up front cash to assist with printing costs.

It'll go to print as soon as we have it ready to go to print, hopefully hot on the heels of shipping Korea

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apparently they are updating the scenarios, including Partisan! contents and adding some updated Axis Minor scenarios from older publications. It will likely be a full update and include a box.
Tempting, but will wait for the run down on what the changes/updates will be. I think the counters were already done in larger print in v1.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just make sure to increase the font size of the SMC names in bold print as that was missed on the Beyond Valor reprint a couple years ago. I need to see the name of the Leader or Hero so I can cuss him out when he 12's on the NMC.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You should try shipping from Europe to the US. Your postage isn't all that cheap coming this way either. -- jim
Prices have soared up in the past years and ordering through European (well, British) retailers can cost me less than direct orders from MMP.
I do find that $22.50 shipping cost for the last AP - which price is $16 - is very high.
French players group their orders to alleviate the shock of shipping costs, but I am in Switzerland, which is not part of the EU, so if ordered with them I could be hit by customs fees twice.
Swiss customs charge about $17 plus 8% VAT calculated on the value of the game plus shipping costs - happily scenario packs are not charged, so I occasionally order them through the French ASL community (and LFT do sell some other TPP products, but they are hesitating to continue to do it).

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Agreed. Shipping from the US costs 3 times if not more than for me to send the same thing back the other way.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
In my boxes I keep boards (mounted, SK style, double wide, TPP), overlays, extra CG maps, HASL and SASL sheets and play aids, and all TPP stuff that doesn't have a box or go in a scenario binder. SK rules and maps are in SK boxes.
I even keep the AP covers in my Partisan! box.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, it seems that this thread has forgotten Armies of Oblivion... which answers some strange logics.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You folks are lucky! I keep my mounted maps in airtight boxes to keep the moisture out
With humidity this last week being in the single digits, this hasn't been a problem for me (thankfully). Of course, the potential for the entire house going up in smoke *is* a potential downside.

In all seriousness, my family and I were evacuated from our house Thursday night, and were finally able to return Saturday morning. It is an interesting exercise to decide what you should bring with you when you know that you might not have anything else here come the next morning.

Thankfully, we had plenty of warning and all of us were able to pack up what we deemed important. And yes, I did pack up most of my (admittedly limited) ASL collection. Along with a 91' Fender Stratocaster, photo albums, clothes, passport, etc.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All the best to you and yours!

With humidity this last week being in the single digits, this hasn't been a problem for me (thankfully). Of course, the potential for the entire house going up in smoke *is* a potential downside.

In all seriousness, my family and I were evacuated from our house Thursday night, and were finally able to return Saturday morning. It is an interesting exercise to decide what you should bring with you when you know that you might not have anything else here come the next morning.

Thankfully, we had plenty of warning and all of us were able to pack up what we deemed important. And yes, I did pack up most of my (admittedly limited) ASL collection. Along with a 91' Fender Stratocaster, photo albums, clothes, passport, etc.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
That's actually quite a good idea for quickly referencing which product they came in.