Armies of Oblivion preorder?

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Available separately ???
>print new First Fire counters for optional use that indicate which specific weapon(s) have fired, e.g., First Fire-Inherent, First Fire-MG, First Fire-MA, etc. We hope players will find these useful.

cschneider3

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the meantime, if you lack Italians or you've worn them out there's always a nationality set from the other guys until Hollow Legions is reissued. Italian equipment was poor, but their soldiers proved again and again to be top notch.
IMHO, it is in very poor taste to use a publisher's sub-forum to post a plug for competitor's product.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Italian equipment and leadership was poor. As individual soldiers, sure the Italians were fine, if generally not as well trained as most of their opponents. They didn't appear on the field as individual soldiers, though, they appeared in formations, and as fighting formations they were (usually) outclassed -- and 90% of that was because of execrable training and incompetent leadership. That's what led to mass surrenders in North Africa and the like.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
IMHO, it is in very poor taste to use a publisher's sub-forum to post a plug for competitor's product.
The poor taste is in recommending a Critical Hit product for any purpose. Aside from that, these are ASL forums, and most ASL players consider all ASL products, from any publisher, as a combined whole ... for good or ill. The post you were responding to is hardly worthy of comment in that regard.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Cschneider3. You are correct, I thought I was posting on the asl boardgame forum, I am removing the offending post immediately.

LHMG

Reaction score
Any news on when this might be released?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It will be some time before it is released - a lot of the different pieces - countersheets, scenarios, etc. - have to be laid out, proofed, etc. again.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its a trap!

Seriously, on ebay, there seems to be a bit more AoO's going up for auction, basically I think the speculators that have multiple copies are and will be dumping their extra copies on ebay during the rest of the year. Smart move on MMP's part to get put AoO up for pre order and then watch as people with extra copies scramble to start selling them on ebay.

LHMG

Reaction score
It will be some time before it is released - a lot of the different pieces - countersheets, scenarios, etc. - have to be laid out, proofed, etc. again.
Oh, I thought the way they had been talking it was going to be soon, like late Winter early Spring as it was basically just a reprint.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Oh, I thought the way they had been talking it was going to be soon, like late Winter early Spring as it was basically just a reprint.
It is more than just a "reprint" - it will have slightly different counters in it, and more scenarios - the ones from Partisan e.g., those all have to be "created" from scratch, have the various texts, etc. updated to current "standard".

Also, all of the counter sheets have to be re-laid out, since MMP uses a different printer now. All in all, there is quite a bit of work that needs to be done before this is ready to go to the printer. That is my guess anyway.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/33/Default.aspx

Symphonic5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any idea what the dependencies are on this, now that the extra scenarios from Partisan etc are included? Or can someone point me to a place where I can look this up myself?

Symphonic5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That oddly only says that I need BV. In checking some included scenarios, I also at least need overlays from DB and CdG.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States