Armies of Oblivion preorder?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I suspect that most people outside the US won’t be able to pre-order based on the price of shipping. I am lucky that my FLGS will be getting copies in so I can pick one up then
Same here.
I find that any savings from pre-ordering gets eaten up on the shipping. Price with shipping is about equal to the regular price for me.
Agreed, it's the box. If they came in zip-locks, we'd save a lot more on the shipping.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
This is also interesting:
Counters note: We are not including in this reprint the German, Russian, British, and Italian counters that we printed in the original ARMIES OF OBLIVION. We printed the corrected counters for prior modules in BEYOND VALOR 3rd Edition and in FOR KING AND COUNTRY, or will include them in the reprint of HOLLOW LEGIONS. The counters for the German Sturmtiger and SdKfz 10/5 came with prior historical modules, and we printed them in HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!, along with all the new Russian (mostly lend-lease) counters. Instead, we are using that space to print new First Fire counters for optional use that indicate which specific weapon(s) have fired, e.g., First Fire-Inherent, First Fire-MG, First Fire-MA, etc. We hope players will find these useful.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I examined the price at secondchancegames, and there was hardly any difference with MMP's price.
So I took the dive with the latter.

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm surprised to learn I AoO will not include Italian counters. Is the Italian army not considered among the "minor" axis armies? After Germany and Japan, I was thinking so. Cheers

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm surprised to learn I AoO will not include Italian counters. Is the Italian army not considered among the "minor" axis armies? After Germany and Japan, I was thinking so. Cheers
Italians had a module of their own in ASL: hollow legions.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The Italian counters that came with AoO v1 were corrected replacement 5/8" counters for those that were in error in HL v2 (IE the MMP printing). Though the errors were in the names of the units, rather than the values, there were only about 6 (or 8?) needing replacement. If you had HL v1 (the AH printing), the AoO Italians were extras.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Is the Italian army not considered among the "minor" axis armies?
If you're commenting from a historical perspective, they were one of the three Axis powers (and politically not treated as "minor" at all). Other forces that were allied to the Axis were not "powers".

If you're commenting from an ASL perspective, I direct you to rule A25.6, which is separate from and different to rule A25.8. The Italians came (and presumably will one day return) in their own module, Hollow Legions.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If you're commenting from a historical perspective, they were one of the three Axis powers (and politically not treated as "minor" at all). Other forces that were allied to the Axis were not "powers".
The Romanians fielded bigger armies than the Italians, indeed a book on them is titled "Third Axis Fourth Ally" (ISBN 978-1854092670), so "power" can be a bit misleading.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
AoO is available through UGG in Germany too. ;)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What i

What is UGG?
Udo Grebe Game Design. Arguably, the best retailer for purposes of ASL from MMP in Germany.

https://www.ugg.de/
http://ugg2nd.de/de/Nach-Hersteller/Udo-Grebe-Gamedesign-ugg/

I believe, he ships internationally. And he does give pre-order discounts for ASL-stuff from MMP. He is somewhat reluctant to sell TPP ASL products, though. It is cheaper to order via him (at least from Germany and not unlikely other EU countries) than at pre-order prices from MMP directly due to the immense shipment/customs cost from the US. UGG orders bulk per ship, which means that you will normally have to wait for a number of weeks to get products before they first become available at MMP. But IMHO the price is worth the wait.

von Marwitz

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, don't knock the glorious Italian army. M13/40's rule the desert.

Interesting note: my Italian grandparents used to feed Italian POW's at the Alameda Navel Shipyard in California during the war. True story.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, don't knock the glorious Italian army. M13/40's rule the desert.

Interesting note: my Italian grandparents used to feed Italian POW's at the Alameda Navel Shipyard in California during the war. True story.
That's where the nuclear wessels are!