Armies of Oblivion preorder?

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anybody know if this one is going to be in a box or in a ziplock?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Does anybody know if this one is going to be in a box or in a ziplock?
I would be disappointed if I paid a higher price than was charged for the previous boxed edition just to get a ziplock version. Is The Forgotten War Korea War module a ziplock version?

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I NEED to buy this! Will the preorder go live at midnight on the 27th or will I have to wait for business hours? I’m not sure I can wait.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I NEED to buy this! Will the preorder go live at midnight on the 27th or will I have to wait for business hours? I’m not sure I can wait.
If you can't wait, gimme a nudge and I can sell you one at once for an outrageous amount of hundreds and hundreds of dollars... :D

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Prices have already been tumbling on eBay .. although I think it's immature due to how long products usually spend in preorder

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Prices have already been tumbling on eBay .. although I think it's immature due to how long products usually spend in preorder
A local gamer was talking about selling his on ebay and then they announced the preorder the next day.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you can't wait, gimme a nudge and I can sell you one at once for an outrageous amount of hundreds and hundreds of dollars... :D

von Marwitz
Nope. This is not that. I need to buy the new one with its, hopefully, updated artwork and more scenarios.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Forgotten War nearly exactly took two years between being placed on preorder and being produced (december 2015 to december 2017).
Now AoO won't perhaps take that much time, as most of the designing work is already made - and I would guess that there will be no artwork improvement, as it already was produced with new standards.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When we put Forgotten War on preorder, we announced that is was still in development and that it would be a while before it was ready as we needed to test the waters before committing to the post-WWII era.
(We said something similar about Red Factories, since we needed to ensure that support was there for the large expense of re-doing all the maps.)

That is not the case for AoO.
We might not even establish a P# that it has to hit, as (assuming it does not garner zero support) we intend to reprint it regardless.
It is not ready to go to the printers right now, but I do not expect preparation to take _too_ long.
Countersheet templates need to be shifted and proofed, and scenarios need to be re-laid out (old out-of-print scenarios need to be laid out, period), and scenarios updated and proofed.
I do expect to see it in print in the first half of 2018.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
To sum up: Armies of Oblivion haven't been Forgotten too much.

LHMG

Reaction score
Will Doomed Battalions follow anytime soon. Or any of the other core modules for that matter.