Armchair General Gaming Teams

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A neat idea for all us military nerds/gamers. We should put together teams/squads/clans/whatnot and be known as the Armchair Generals, heck we could keep a running tab of our progress on the site or something...

When our internet allows us to actually hook onto game servers I got:

Call of Duty
Day of Defeat: Half-Life Mod
Counter-Strike
Rise of Nations
and more!

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m in, assuming we would actually use tactics. It has been my experience that a handful of folks using even the most basic tactics and cooperation can obliterate a much larger team of ‘lone wolves’.

I would be willing to set up a clan site if needed.

Battlefield 1942 (and Desert Combat)
Call of Duty

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, very tactical. I've been looking for teams that do that... Some do some don't...

Proficiency in military terms HIGHLY recommended. I got stuck on a clan's side once in Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and they worked as a team but I said "Roll up their right flank" and got a bunch of WTF?'s back at me...

hogdriver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
A neat idea for all us military nerds/gamers. We should put together teams/squads/clans/whatnot and be known as the Armchair Generals, heck we could keep a running tab of our progress on the site or something...

Call of Duty
Counter-Strike
Rise of Nations
and more!
Sounds interesting.:horse:

11bgod

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first thing I'd advise is to completely eliminate the word 'clan' from the equation, please. Clans are for D&D gamers, just as 'guns are for fun'. ;)

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Technically "clans" first made their big appearance (with that name) in Quake online gaming groups, and since then the name has been a staple of FPS games.

VI66

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a group & server up and running now for Call of Duty at:

mlc.bfgservers.com

if anyone wants to pop in. The group is called:

Misery Loves Company

see you on the battlefield!

PvtManaCoB3MD

Reaction score
Country
ll
If anyone wants to go on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, I'm there with the same name as my name here but with [AG] before it. If anyone here on AG wants to form a team or at least be able to identify fellow members go ahead and put the AG on your name.

Hey for a free game.....it has its flaws, but I can't complain....

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I have read Armchair General Forums, and haven't registered till now. I think it would be a great idea, I have Call of Duty, Battlefield Vietnam, America's Army, and Battlefield 1942. Like a lot of you guys, I would enjoy a team that uses tactics. I suggest America's Army, it's free and it's tactical.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I already have a group, but I'd be willing to teach you guys a few lessons. ;)

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like a lot of people have Call of Duty, is there enough people that would support the clan though? Also, if you have xfire, please post your screenname.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom

Call of Duty
Counter-Strike
Rise of Nations
and more!
Great idea! to badly quote the "Stripes," 'I don't know what kind of soldier I'm going to become, but I just want you guys to know that if we ever get into some real heavy combat I'll be right behind you!'

I'm currently running:
Battlefield 1942
Forgotten Hope (BF1942 mod)
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
Call of Duty (soon-new comp arriving next week! :D )
IL-2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles (will grab Aces Expansion Pack if other have it)
America's Army
Full Spectrum Warrior (planned, Xbox LIVE or PC)

I'm a perpetual newb in all of these games! I play to have fun. You have been warned! :)

Barcelona! I swear you seemed to have 3 different badge avatars in one day! Are you jumping ranks? :D
I'm relatively proficient in military terms. In BF1942 I called out to artillery for FFE! FFE! (Fire For Effect) and got 'WTFs?' too! ha ha

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Armchair General Gaming Teams

Originally posted by Patrocles
Great idea! to badly quote the "Stripes," 'I don't know what kind of soldier I'm going to become, but I just want you guys to know that if we ever get into some real heavy combat I'll be right behind you!'

I'm currently running:
Battlefield 1942
Forgotten Hope (BF1942 mod)
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
Call of Duty (soon-new comp arriving next week! :D )
IL-2 Sturmovik - Forgotten Battles (will grab Aces Expansion Pack if other have it)
America's Army
Full Spectrum Warrior (planned, Xbox LIVE or PC)

I'm a perpetual newb in all of these games! I play to have fun. You have been warned! :)

Barcelona! I swear you seemed to have 3 different badge avatars in one day! Are you jumping ranks? :D
I'm relatively proficient in military terms. In BF1942 I called out to artillery for FFE! FFE! (Fire For Effect) and got 'WTFs?' too! ha ha

Well I changed it to Hauptmann and next thing ya know I make Major so I gotta get a Major (prounced Mayor) rank, I finally found a sight that has German Rank Isignia that I can actually pluck off the site without having to ask.

Its okay that you are a noob, we are here to have fun but put a serious tactical spin, you'd be surprised that on a map of guy running around, 2 guys watching each others back can do A LOT of damage, I just did that in Halo and me and a guy in BHD were snipers and we spotted and watched for "knifers" (guys who run up and knife snipers, while they are shooting) each other. Now imagine a whole team.

Add the Halo Demo: [AG]Barcelo I rock as a sniper

Black Hawk Down (If I havent metioned) and Delta Force: Landwarrior- Koning121- good as a CQB man and excellent as a sniper

In Call of Duty I am [AG]PZKWVI (my dad wouldn't let me change the PZKWVI part so his friends could recognize him, they also think he is in a group now.)

Sure if someone wants to do a website go ahead. I may have came up with the idea, but 'captaining' the team isn't for me. I'm more like a Squad/Fireteam Leader. Or even a Platoon Leader/Sergeant.

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I would try-out the ACG clan, but I just joined a clan for CoD a couple days ago.

Skoal!
:toast: