Are you sick of Korea already?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
<Ahem>, in 1953 when the movie was released* (never mind filmed), no "Red" had defected with a MIG-15 to date...so where exactly was "Hollywood" to get such a platform? And to be fair a F-86, swept wing and all, is a fair stand in...

The MIG-15 did not come over until after the movie's release and was in any case shortly after the armistice...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moolah
Any self respecting contemporary hollywood VFX team would have used CGI for the MiG-15. Which in 1953 terms would have been a toy MiG hanging from a wire. Or perhaps a petshop lizard with swept wings taped to it's sides and a model rocket motor strapped to it's belly. You know, like they did in "Top Gun'.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope. Haven’t played ASL in 3 years, but read all the KW rules and looked thru all the scenarios, counters and boards. I will buy all KW scenarios (except CH) in anticipation of playing it first when I do start playing again.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope. Haven’t played ASL in 3 years, but read all the KW rules and looked thru all the scenarios, counters and boards. I will buy all KW scenarios (except CH) in anticipation of playing it first when I do start playing again.
The only way I would not play ASL for three years would be that I either went blind or died.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only way I would not play ASL for three years would be that I either went blind or died.
I've got too much other stuff going on. Playing euros, basketball, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. Climbing Mount St. Helens in August and Mt. Kilimanjaro in October.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I've got too much other stuff going on. Playing euros, basketball, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. Climbing Mount St. Helens in August and Mt. Kilimanjaro in October.
These are all flimsy excuses.

Now if you were kayaking the Mount St. Helens and the Mt. Kilimanjaro, we might be listening.

von Marwitz