Are you sick of Korea already?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'E's not pinin' for the fjords! 'E's passed on! This horse is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-HORSE!!
No he's not...

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We put Centurions Reverse (216) and Rok on a Roll (RPT148) on the scenario list for CASLO. Not a single game of either was played.
Almost everybody picked a Hatten scenario instead.

Make of that what you will

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Probably a true gage of how popular can be had at ASLOK, especially if there is not that many new scenario packs.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Centurions Reverse is a cool scenario but it is complicated, steep hills and Chinese can present a bit of a learning curve. Rok on a Roll has been on several other tourney lists so I'm guessing people probably played it alot at other tourney's and probably did not want to play it again.

We put Centurions Reverse (216) and Rok on a Roll (RPT148) on the scenario list for CASLO. Not a single game of either was played.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Rok on a Roll has been on several other tourney lists so I'm guessing people probably played it alot at other tourney's and probably did not want to play it again.
ROK on a roll has only 2 playings on ROAR.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Centurions Reverse is a cool scenario but it is complicated, steep hills and Chinese can present a bit of a learning curve.
Just to clarify, Centurions does not use W1.3 "Steep Hills." It uses two of the KW hill boards so there are lots of hills, but they are ordinary ASL hills. It is currently 10:3 on ROAR favoring the CPVA, so while I agree the Chinese take some learning, in this scenario I think the BCFK are the ones that got some learnin' to do.

JR

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

ROK ON A ROLL was my first choice for round five, even though I have not played it.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sick of it at all. Just a touch frustrating that a lot of the scenarios in the module are unplayable without specific overlays and/or boards some of which have been out of print for a while.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't played any FW yet, I'm pretty much limited to VASL, and with no extension that means no Korea.

But, I'm a patient guy, I can wait.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't played any FW yet, I'm pretty much limited to VASL, and with no extension that means no Korea.

But, I'm a patient guy, I can wait.
Hmm, I am VASL illiterate so take what I note with a micro-gram of salt...

That suggests there is FW to VASL. Also I seem to recall but cannot find "BigAl" is it, anyways one of the VASL-elves or chieftains I am not sure which posting up recently about more FW VASL items...

Perhaps you have been in the sun too long today?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hmm, I am VASL illiterate so take what I note with a micro-gram of salt...

That suggests there is FW to VASL. Also I seem to recall but cannot find "BigAl" is it, anyways one of the VASL-elves or chieftains I am not sure which posting up recently about more FW VASL items...

Perhaps you have been in the sun too long today?
The boards and the draft extensions has been out for a little while and Al’s been asking for feedback
VASL extension https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kze2thro82nkok5/AABBta7QlpFdZ0arQaHhgFvta?dl=0
Feedback for Al : http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-kfw-vasl-thread.149281/page-2#post-1973767

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks JR.

Also thank you Andy for the sun kissed observation. It is after all in the 90s down here, blue skies and hot sun, add beer to that and you have my sluggish ass looking a bit overheated.

Consolation prize......I do have a new bonus room I'm trying to convert into my new game room.

;-)

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The forgotten war extension draft version was given out in this post: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-kfw-vasl-thread.149281/#post-1951462. I don't know why it hasn't been finalized, but it is at least mostly complete.

JR
Thx for the cross referencing guys.

The plan is to incorporate the extension into core VASL. (I’ve taught myself how to do this btw.) I need some more eyes on the extension first as it’s much quicker to update the extension than core. Thus I’m hopeful that you eagle eyed KFW honchos will spot stuff I’ve missed. Once it’s mostly stable, it’ll go core.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Cannot be fed up of something I have never played, Hell I have clipped and sorted the counters out but not even stored them in the dedicated RAACO boxes yet!

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope you ASLers are still up for more Korea. The Tampa ASL Group is hard at work on Rally Point #17: Special Study II of the Korean War. Once we print this volume, we will have produced more Korean scenarios than MMP.
I'm glad to see that a second RP on The Forgotten War is coming!!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Can you please concentrate on scenarios that use no overlays and use boards found in BV, Yanks, Rising Sun or FW? That way people who don't have every large and small product can play them.
In such cases I would recommend creating the map with VASL and to print it on 160g/m² paper (comparable to that of scenario cards).

Meanwhile I use this method more often than not even if I own all the stuff. It lets you implement terrain changes easily (for example out of season Orchards, etc.), add lines for entry zones, VC hexes etc.

The only issue remaining for FtF play then would be the availability of the required counters. But this is more rarely an issue than missing boards in my experience.

von Marwitz