Are you sick of Korea already?

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you want more Korean War scenarios, or are you sick of Korea already?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Do you want more Korean War scenarios, or are you sick of Korea already?
Are you proposing a surprise strike? What if you miss some of the missiles? Besides I think Kim Jong Un still has some legs. Maybe he could re-do Gangnam Style.

JR

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
More!

I’ve played all the official ones but 3.

Pretty interesting stuff, if you ask me

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
It's a bit early to be sick. It's more a question of supply than demand at this stage. I would like to see 6-7 turns scenarios featuring the Chinese with their special abilities.
This. I have played some of non Chinese scenarios, but would like to get these rules down with smaller actions.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The chinese dudes have way too many fiddly rules then the japs. Plus the japs are only 4 pages of rules. But the Japs are very straight forward to play, not as complicated as the chinese.

But the Japanese are the same and they're great fun to play. Just need to get familiar with the rules.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The CPVA are only 4.5 pages long - and only 3.5 pages if one does not count the three big examples - so the code base is not that much larger than the Japanese.

Whether one likes the CPVA "special" traits/rules is, of course, another question.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I havent been able to play most of them as the VASL extention hasn't come out. All I can do is watch reruns of MASH
You can always play SPMBT, there is some Korean War scenarios in there and the Campaign Game. :D

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I havent been able to play most of them as the VASL extention hasn't come out. All I can do is watch reruns of MASH
Without question, that is the most historically accurate and detailed program on the Korean war ever broadcast. A veritable treasure trove of scenarios are just waiting to be developed from each and every episode. :cool: