Are you planning to get the new version of Panzerblitz once it is available from MMP?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This much I know.

I am currently trying to actually ditch some wargames. Just too many wargames.

Panzer Leader though, is not even near to being considered possible to be let go. Not going to happen.

If they made a much nicer updated concept, I am so interested.

There's very little in the way of room for incoming wargames in my life. But this could be one of them.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OHHH! YEAH! yup. PB was my first wargame and I am interested how the new one will work.:smoke:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! Nice looking Module

I took one look at the new module and ... they have my bucks.

Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz were two of my favorite games. Using the Op Fire rule you could eliminate to some extent the panzer-bush mentality of many players (but hey, even in WW2 they tried to avoid fire).

The counters are better looking and it looks like they will have an updated set of rules too.

The idea of historical vs. geomorhpic maps is also of great interest. Even in SL/ASL I got tired of fighting on made up terrain. I much prefer the real thing and there are other maps out there that might adapt well to PL/PB as well. I forget the groundscale of the The Gamers Tactical series but they use a platoon format as well if I remember correctly.

Avalanche Press uses a blury looking map. I have the series but have yet to really play it. It looks like fun but if MMP does up a set of modules for PB/PL I will move my games in the PG series over to their maps.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Are you planning to get the new version of Panzerblitz once it is available from

Not interested. There so much available for the original, anyway.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Re: Are you planning to get the new version of Panzerblitz once it is available from

I got it, so far am pleased. Some rules cleanup needed.