Is there interest out there for aars?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I love AARs. They're one of my favorite parts of wargaming and I plan to start on at least one in the near future. We are certainly going to have some ASL AARs here at Warfare HQ. I hope I can get some CG AARs too.

andy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
AARs - Why not collect from other sites?

I realize logging and writing up AARs is time consuming. Why not get the best from other sites and organize them. While we're at it, the XOPs should go here to....and we should agree on an AAR format.

Just my 2cents.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
andy said:
I realize logging and writing up AARs is time consuming. Why not get the best from other sites and organize them. While we're at it, the XOPs should go here to....and we should agree on an AAR format.

Just my 2cents.
If you know an AAR author and would like to see thier work posted here please ask them to consider it. The more AARs we have the better in my opinion.

I will also consider awarding additional ladder points for those members who contribute a quality AAR.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I've just started a pbem game of Husum Hotfoot (SP96). It's pretty short, but probably brutal, since the Brits get 2 Wasps.

If my oppo's OK with it, I'll post an ongoing AAR (ie turn by turn as the game progresses) with logfiles...

VW

Reaction score
Chris Milne said:
I've just started a pbem game of Husum Hotfoot (SP96). It's pretty short, but probably brutal, since the Brits get 2 Wasps.

If my oppo's OK with it, I'll post an ongoing AAR (ie turn by turn as the game progresses) with logfiles...
Is your opponent going to post comments as well?

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Not sure. He's not active on this forum (afaik), and I've pointed out some parts of my strategy that he's not aware of (HIPster locations, etc.) on the AAR.

I might see if he's willing to write something up at the end of it all.

LaPalice

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Chris Milne said:
In addition to logfiles? Could do...
With pictures you can follow the action on a map quicker than with the log files. They complement each other. And you can draw arrows and a lot of things on a picture, to explain the situation, your plan, what you expect…
Another idea would be to open a thread in the main forum to present your AAR, and where people could make some comments.
I don’t have the British OOB, Can the Wasps use their FT when they are in Motion ? Or must they stop ?

La Palice.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I see the benefits! Just got to find the time ... logfiles are easy since they're ready to post!

All vehicles can use FT while in Motion, though it does halve the FP. Still, 12 FP with no TEM is nothing to sniff at. The Wasp's weakness is that the crew are always vulnerable, since they can never button-up, and being in Motion doesn't protect you in the slightest against fire on the IFT.

They're a high-risk/high-return weapon. They also have an extremely nifty smoke dispenser that fires into both adjacent hexes in their VCA.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I plan on posting the best AARs from this forum in our ASL AAR section on the main website. Screens do help a lot, but of course they are not always practicle depending on how the game is being played.

MDiehl

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where to put AARs

Don -

Is this where you want the forthcoming Blood Reef CGIII AAR or, alternatively, shall I start a new thread?

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
MDiehl said:
Don -

Is this where you want the forthcoming Blood Reef CGIII AAR or, alternatively, shall I start a new thread?
Start a new thread. Good deal!

MDiehl

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BRT AARs

I will post the forthcoming BRT AARs in a new thread. For what it's worth, the US players made some errors in their understanding of LVT movement, so the BRT AAR that has one turn posted ends there. In essence they were moving their LVTs three times as fast as they should have been moving them.

They're redoing their wave arrival and I have retooled my defense. The new AAR will provide a complete listing of terrain and gun locations after the game starts. Y'all can look forward to the AARs beginning sometime after Saturday.