Are any of these CH products actually in print?

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've completed my Critical Hit spreadsheet, part of which involves confirming that alleged Critical Hit products actually exist, because CH has a habit of suggesting they do when they do not...yet.

I've been able to confirm most items by finding them for sale on retail sites or by finding ASLers who have discussed owning them. However, I have not been able to confirm the physical existence in print of the below products.

If you have a copy of any of the below products, can you confirm for me that they currently physically exist? Thanks very much.

Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye: Bulge
Cambrai 2: Black Friday Fontaine
Cambrai 3: A Panorama of Hell Bourlon
CH Annual 5
CWASL GEO Module 1
CWASL GEO Module 2
CWASL GEO Module 3
The Devil's Vineyard: Heraklion 1941
Drive to the Volga 3: Stalingrad Sud 1
Drive to the Volga 4: Stalingrad Sud 2
Freedom's Price: Hungary 1
Freedom's Price: Hungary 2
Graebner's Charge: Arnhem 1944
GWASL 5: Hapsburg Ambitions/Austria-Hungary
GWASL 6: Blood on the Isonzo/Italy
GWASL 7: Soldiers of the Sultan
GWASL 8: Gallipoli and Beyond/Aussies/Anzac
GWASL 9: Bulgarian Summer/Bulgaria
GWASL 10: Slavic Warriors/Serbia
GWASL 11: Balkan Aspirations/Romania
GWASL 12: With the British in Palestine
GWASL 13: German East Africa
GWASL 14: Yster Stand/Belgium
Kaunas Offensive: Bagration 1944
Leningrad 1: Brandenburger Bridgehead
Leningrad 2: Thunder on the Luga
Siberian Onslaught: The Dead of Winter
Sisu 1: Freedom's Price, 39-40
Valley of Tears: Battles for the Golan Heights
Mark,

GWASL 9, GWASL 10 and GWASL 11 are out. There are GWASL 17 and 18 now listed and promised in 2020. Plus a pack based on Rommel's Regiment promised for 2020.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan, thanks very much, I appreciate the info. Do you have them? If so, can you verify their contents? (Critical Hit is frequently inaccurate in its content claims, though the inaccuracy can go either to more items or to fewer items)

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've never got fewer items. It's always more items added during production in the last 4 years. Before that, I can't say.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
lol... talk to hand man.. I mean the Leningrad CG.. or the poor Greeks in the Heraklion product (you surely must have read how someone tore Tapio a new asshole for that omission ?). Sure CH will often add items, but do ocassionally miss the boat on things the product desrcptions say they will. It is CH so it is par for the course and you buy the products you accept it or you don't and don't....but the value of his reviews is really is telling what is and what is not for the product descptions are rarely little help and unfortunately even when clear, which they rarely are, are sometimes simply not right.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What Leningrad CG? I bought that and was never expecting a CG. Where was that promised? As for the Greek and Heraklion things you are talking about I have no idea but could you explain what your talking about and the promise not kept? I haven't been shorted anything in the items that I bought in the last 4 years.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've never got fewer items. It's always more items added during production in the last 4 years. Before that, I can't say.
It is more often more than fewer items, but, for example, I entered a product onto my website this weekend that had fewer scenarios than was claimed.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it was in the product desctiption .. for how long after it when up for sale.. .. who knows. It ain't there now..it was obviously removed.. but it was when it first up for sale. We talked of it over at the site...

as far as the Greek thing.. it was actually a bit remarkable. Someone blew a tire about the the omission of the Greeks not being including in the HASL. when again.. the product description had said they were. The remarkable thing was that Tapio put that email exchange in the Friday emailer.. along with an apology. Something I don't think is really in his DNA if I read him corrrectly...

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I'll have to take your word for that stuff. It says nothing in any of the descriptions of the two item about any of that.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan, thanks very much, I appreciate the info. Do you have them? If so, can you verify their contents? (Critical Hit is frequently inaccurate in its content claims, though the inaccuracy can go either to more items or to fewer items)
Yes. I have copies. Each comes with 8 scenario an one full counter sheet to half inch counter and a half sheet of 5/8 inch counters. Plus four boards in the GWASL boards series. And each with a nationality rules page or two and Chapter H page or two for the 5/8 inch counters. I only noticed one typo, the intro to GWASL 11 (Romanian) used GWASL 9 (Bulgarian) intro. But the content after the first sentence was updated and correct. I have not compared the content for each to the advertising.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That has also been my experience. In almost all my transactions with CH, I have gotten more stuff than I expected and in the rare times that something has been wrong they have bent over backward to correct it.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I guess I'll have to take your word for that stuff. It says nothing in any of the descriptions of the two item about any of that.
Apparently it is so top secret he won't bother telling us which product he's talking about.....

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. I have copies. Each comes with 8 scenario an one full counter sheet to half inch counter and a half sheet of 5/8 inch counters. Plus four boards in the GWASL boards series. And each with a nationality rules page or two and Chapter H page or two for the 5/8 inch counters. I only noticed one typo, the intro to GWASL 11 (Romanian) used GWASL 9 (Bulgarian) intro. But the content after the first sentence was updated and correct. I have not compared the content for each to the advertising.
Thanks!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Follow the thread. Leningrad and the Devil's Vineyard.

Why be an a**? Just ask or follow the thread. Leningrad and the Devil's Vineyard.
Why be an ass? I was referring to Mark's post about "a product" that he hasn't specified. Chill out, little dude.

Last edited: