Are almost all celebrities brain dead, or is it all of them?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Today's celebrities are so sorry that it's no longer any fun to make fun of them. Danny Glover thinks global warming caused the earthquake in Haiti, Joaquin Phoenix thinks he's Grand Master Bee, and Conan O'Brien is quitting because they're only paying him $45 million.

It really is time for some fresh meat.

Honus

Reaction score
Why should celebrities be any different from the rest of Americans?

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I never really cared for Conan since he left the Simpsons, but if it isn't worth his time to work for $45M, more power to him. That's your free market at work there.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I too like to spend a relaxing day at the bank with my trusy revolver and some Boon's Farm.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've always placed great stock in the medieval notion that entertainers are merely one step up from prostitutes on the social ladder. I guess that is why I am never surprised by their antics...such as this recent gem:

Ricky Gervais and the Gathering Storm of Eugenics
Ricky Gervais is all over the television and the Movie Screen these days. He hosted the Golden Globes and is in one film after another. He is a recognizable figure in the contemporary popular culture.

Ricky Gervais is also a eugenicist. He promotes mandatory sterilization. This was evident in an interview he gave to the London Sunday Times over the weekend. He called for the mandatory sterilization of those whom he called “irresponsible parents.”

This was not an off handed comment by a controversialist comic. The interview makes that clear. He told the reporter there were “too many unwanted children, too many people who are poor and struggling…. If they all had a good quality of life, no one would complain. What there is, is too many useless people. Too many people who shouldn’t have children.”

The Reporter asked Gervais how limitations on having children should be applied. He responded “…..Yes, based on… stupid, fat faces. If there’s a woman in leggings, eating chips with a fag in her mouth, sterilize her.’
Despicable.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despicable.
China disagrees.

The last paragraph was obviously a series of jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if catholic.org misinterpreted the whole thing and it was all a joke, as a matter of fact. Even if they didn't, who cares? I disagree, but it's something China should consider rather than forced abortions if they're intent on keeping their policy.