Arafat near death?

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From JPost

Palestinian officials and doctors rushed to the Mukata in Ramallah Wednesday evening amid reports that Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat was seriously ill.

A senior PA official told The Jerusalem Post that Arafat, who has been ill for nearly two weeks, was facing difficulties breathing.

The official refused to confirm or deny reports that Arafat, 75, had lost consciousness.
Certainly interesting... here's to hoping that it's true.

Patrocles

Reaction score
The Doctor said:
I hope it makes a difference.
yeah, but with hardliners like Arafat and Sharon around it will be difficult (but you have to hand it to Sharon for getting the Gaza strip evacuation of Jewish Settlements through the government! Amazing work!). If the story is true we should all pray to Allah, Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva, Buddha and God that someone more peace-minded can replace Arafat!

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

I'm not going to cry over Arafat's eventual death. Hopefully that will give Israelis a green light to crush Palestinians once for all. ;)

Dan

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't some Cuban doctor say he would live to about 140 or something crazy like that? Seems I saw a story on that a while back.

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Arafat, in true "dick-to-the-end" fashion, has not appointed or groomed a successor. His security personnel have already fought against each other in open street battles. His death will leave a vacuum at the top with no clear line of succession. I foresee a bloody struggle that will give the Isrealis an excuse for more violence.

- Rick

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
Unfortunately, Arafat, in true "dick-to-the-end" fashion, has not appointed or groomed a successor. His security personnel have already fought against each other in open street battles. His death will leave a vacuum at the top with no clear line of succession. I foresee a bloody struggle that will give the Isrealis an excuse for more violence.

- Rick
Well, just remember - when hamas and the PA escalate the power struggle to a shooting war, we all win. ;)

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:

- Rick
I have to agree. Maybe they will defeat themselves from the inside.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:

- Rick
Good point. I wish Arafat well in hell. However, I am concerned about the post-Arafat future.

I think his medical condition is very serious. You don't often hear aides admitting a leader is suffering from memory loss. Whether or not Arafat is near dead remains to be seen. I think if doctors can move him to a better medical facility, he might very well survive this. However, at 75yrs old, surviving a bout with a serious illness can take alot of him.

I would not be surprised if Arafat is stripped of his power and exist politically only as a figure-head. Time will tell.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Arafat has had Parkinson's Disease for several years now. Im not looking for him to pull through this.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Cheetah772 said:
Hello,

I'm not going to cry over Arafat's eventual death. Hopefully that will give Israelis a green light to crush Palestinians once for all. ;)

Dan
How much do you know about what's going on over there?

Golani

Reaction score
Country
llIsrael
last_cav1971 said:
Arafat has had Parkinson's Disease for several years now. Im not looking for him to pull through this.

Mark
Deo Vindice
True, but right know he's stomach cancer is the reason for the fuss.

Tim McBride

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:

- Rick
Good, I hope the Isrealis go in and wipe out all these terrorists.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cheetah772 said:
Hello,

Dan
Lord help us.

BigMik1