Apple chess

kcdusk

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
626
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
Country
llAustralia
I'm changing over from Microsoft to Apple. Is anyone on an Apple PC? What apple programs are out there? (Shredder being 1).

Good bye Chessmaster, you were the best.
 

kcdusk

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
626
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
Country
llAustralia
My current windows laptop (5 yeards old) sounds like a coffee grinder, so i know its on the way out. I recently completed a 5,000km camping trip over 3 weeks which was 90% rough corrugated roads and the other 10% was a desert crossing (literally driving acrosss 1,100 sandhills). I didnt want to take a new laptop on the trip, so i stuck with my old one. 3 hours after getting home and backing up my photos, my old laptop died ...

My oldlaptop is back up and running, but its time to get a new one.

5 years ago my "tech friend" told me he wouldnt be supporting my windows gear after this laptop, i had to change to apple.

I've got another tech friend, who helps me with viruses, extra memory etc ... and when i spoke to him he admitted going apple a year or two ago as well.

I mainly do photo stuff, and music. I'd been thinking about giving apple a go (I really didnt want to). I thought about it last time. I guess i finally decided to go "all in".

The only apple product in our household is an ipod shuffle. So yep, this is a big move. They feel like a nice solid unit. Very pricey, but i'm told they work much better, no virus;s, cleaner .... i'm giving them a shot. So there, i think i've convinced myself i've done the right thing.
 

kcdusk

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
626
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
Country
llAustralia
Thanks for the links.

I'm leaning towards shredder i think.

Sigma chess wont work on the latest apple platform (lion or something?).

I'm also looking at Stockfish and chess king.

I might even give one of the free chess programs a go (nothing to loose), before shelling out for something like Shredder or fritz.
 
Last edited:
Top