Apology to an Origins Attendee

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At Origins this year, an ASLer approached me and asked if I wanted to play a game of ASL on Sunday morning. I said yes and we agreed to meet at 9:00am.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of that ASLer.

More unfortunately, during the course of the day Saturday, I began experiencing a gout attack in my left knee. By the time I left the convention center Saturday evening, I had a serious limp, and within a few hours, the pain was so bad that I could barely walk.

The next morning, it wasn't really any better, and I could just not imagine schlepping all my ASL stuff to the convention center, when I couldn't even walk without a cane. So I did not go back to Origins on Sunday morning, and basically "stood up" my opponent. I didn't know where he was staying, and didn't even remember his name, alas, so I had no way to warn him in advance.

So, in the hopes that this person reads the ASL Forums, I wanted to post an apology to him--I am very sorry that I ended up missing our appointment for ASL. It was due to circumstances very much beyond my control, but I hope he will understand.