APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
OPTING out should be simple....just put all OPTOUTS under OPTOUT ranking...and see how He does.
I can opt out all I want. If my opponent opts in and records my game, I get opted in. I have ALWAYS opted out of AREA yet I am still in the system. I didn't even turn in a playsheet for most of the tournaments you can see me listed in. You can even tell that is likely the case as some of the tournaments have me playing only 1 or 2 games. Opting out isn't enough, IMO. -- jim

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
And btw, it´s Herr Koch. I´m your Boss ☝
'tschuldigung, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. I had forgotten that we have not herded any pigs together, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. Dies wird nicht wieder passieren, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. :)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I can opt out all I want. If my opponent opts in and records my game, I get opted in. I have ALWAYS opted out of AREA yet I am still in the system. I didn't even turn in a playsheet for most of the tournaments you can see me listed in. You can even tell that is likely the case as some of the tournaments have me playing only 1 or 2 games. Opting out isn't enough, IMO. -- jim
Basically, you are absolutely right.

Anyone using WhatsApp? The 'terms of use' allow [which is a farce] WhatsApp access to all your contacts and their phone numbers on your smartphone - among other things...

Provided, I gave you my phone number but hate WhatsApp, don't use it and do NOT want them to get my number, what then? For sure my rights are violated and trampled on. I can only stand by absolutely powerless, while my data gets sucked away to some server under foreign jurisdiction, etc. for someone else's profit and benefit but not for mine.

WhatsApp does such things, FB, the whole damn zoo!

The whole fu* system is fundamentally flawed at its core. Your rights as an individual are up for loot at your cost for someone else's gain.

That is why data protection is absolutely essential.

In our context, we can state that the damage done by being listed in an AREA rating against one's will is absolutely and massively dwarfed by what people are willingly and unwillingly exposed to by the big players each and every day 24/7.

Nevertheless, I think it is a concern that needs to be addressed even in the context of something comparably innocent as AREA. This makes things more difficult, sure. But it is one single grain of sand of a whole beach that needs to be tackled to change the overall system.

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Jim... possible, but we don´t serve Hefeweizen at Grenadier. Only Pils ?
Sorry, I won't be a Grenadier this year then :( I am not a huge fan of Pils or Pale Ale's. Too hoppy for my taste. I suppose I will manage though. -- jim

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
'tschuldigung, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. I had forgotten that we have not herded any pigs together, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. Dies wird nicht wieder passieren, Sehr Geehrter Herr Überturnierleiter Kommendant Koch. :)
Geht doch. ?;)

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
How would you think they could match you fairly with your TOURNAMENT opponents?

If its a public tournament...you automatically OPT IN by your voluntarily participating.
I'm confused.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
How would you think they could match you fairly with your TOURNAMENT opponents?

If its a public tournament...you automatically OPT IN by your voluntarily participating.
I'm confused.
I could share my AREA rating with the tournament organizer. The tournament organizer could use his judgement on where I rank. The tournament organizer could just match me against the highest rated opponent. I could opt to play friendly games.

Also, by allowing for me to keep my record to myself, the system could take the data on playings that come in associated with me and you--the opting public--could get a true rating for games against me and I could keep my record to myself. If you would rather, just assume I suck and match me against the best in the tournament. You have to beat them eventually. May as well get that match out of the way as soon as possible.

You publicly purchase items and visit an ATM yet are wise enough to keep your PIN codes safe. I presume you don't believe in public display of those just because your purchase is in the public, but hey, you could post them here if you need to. -- jim