AP81- Lost Highway

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all:

Looking at the American OB it seems like they must deploy 2 squads in order to meet the PRC set up requirement as the two M8's are armored cars and cannot carry riders and the M3(MMG) already has an inherent 6-6-6. Is this correct? Thanks.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It looks like that and in addition SW can't be carried in h/t but only on the M4A1, M7 and M10. The M3A1/M3 only have 15pp thus can only hold a squad and a halfsquad with nothing left over for SW.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Note that while the AC can't carry a MMC rider, all vehicles can carry one SMC and the up-to two PP he possesses. I am told there are some interesting tricks you can pull in this particular scenario if you use that.

JR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The American Player better bring his A-game in this one. -- jim

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be me. Playing a friendly on Thursday at the Nor'easter. American has a lot of wood to chop on this one. Also, the fully loaded with infantry AFV's will be exposed to AT fire right out of the gates.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Let me know how it comes out. This may just be my second favorite Fort scenario, after Coriano. -- jim

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As the American, you have to get past the German force that sets up near the Ami entry point. Once the AT gun fired, in both my games it lost ROF, blow past it with your vehicles and leave a sufficient force to mop up the German positions in the rear. After that you have to feel out the German defense in the town and clear the road with the least resistance. I won as the Ami on the last turn. I played a different opponent and was the German and just had my rear handed to me. I feel my setup was poor as the Germans and would like to try it again sometime..

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Most people think of the game in a serial way. With this one, you need to do some parallel processing. -- jim

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most people think of the game in a serial way. With this one, you need to do some parallel processing. -- jim
Agreed. I would think the American player needs to split his force to mop up the first board and use the remaining force to keep moving onto the next board.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. I would think the American player needs to split his force to mop up the first board and use the remaining force to keep moving onto the next board.
IMO, you need to attack board 1 and 2 at the beginning, being careful on when you free board 3. What ever is left from the first two needs to clean a path for the VC on board 3. You can't dally around. -- jim

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very fun scenario. I won as the Americans. (In a squeaker) A lot of run and gun- use your numbers to overwhelm the German positions on the first 2 boards. BUT, you can't lose too many men or vehicles, because you will need them for the final assault across board 46.

Experienced tanker/ aggressive player should play the Americans in this one.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the best scenarios of all time. I need to play it again. I lost as the Americans in a squeaker.