The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
AP30 Not Apt to Drag Feet, SSR 3 question

AP30 Not Apt to Drag Feet, SSR 3 : "Units required to set up IN Sunken Road hexes may not move/advance until Turn 5 unless they are attacked by an ennemy unit or have LOS to a Known enemy unit."
Does that apply to each of these units individually or are all units freed from the move/advance restriction as soon as one of them is attacked or has LOS to a KEU?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: AP30 Not Apt to Drag Feet, SSR 3 question

Does that apply to each of these units individually or are all units freed from the move/advance restriction as soon as one of them is attacked or has LOS to a KEU?
Once one is free all are free.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
AP36 Take a Bath : what SPW model?

About scenario: AP36 Take a Bath
The German OB depicts an SPW 250/10 but SSR 3 speaks of an SPW 251/10 (both have a 37L Gun, btw).
Which one is right?

spwhites

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AP39 extinguishing flames and freedom of movement

AP39 "Old Hickory" looks like an interesting scenario. Haven't played it, but a quick look at the scenario card made me wonder about the scenario Defender and flame counters.
The American needs to defend a couple victory buildings in this night scenario; the German and American players get to place a couple flame counters before the setup. It seems that the Germans might want to place these in key defensive positions that the Americans may need. So...
Can a scenario defender set up in the flame location and then make an attempt to clear the flame during the DFPh? Of course, the complication here is that they do not have freedom of movement (E1.21). But it doesn't appear that FoM applies to TI activities (A4.8 ...A TI unit may not move..) since TI and moving are mutually exclusive. Flame extinguishing attempts are, by B24.72, TI activites.
Makes me wonder if units without FoM could engage in other TI activities, such as entrenchment...
:salute:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What you suggest is reasonable.

This scenario has as an interesting sub-plot the mini-battle each player gets to start with the Flame placement. But given the vagaries of wind a spread, sometimes it backfires :laugh:

spwhites

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What you suggest is reasonable.

This scenario has as an interesting sub-plot the mini-battle each player gets to start with the Flame placement. But given the vagaries of wind a spread, sometimes it backfires :laugh:
thanks for the response, looking forward to playing it
:salute:

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In AP30 Not Apt to Drag Feet I think there might be some misprints. The set up fpr the 50L AT states on or north of Hex Row K which allows it to set up on American entry hexes. Also, I assume for VC it shoud state the Americans need to exit 55> CVP of the south edge, not the north edge since the Americans enter along the north edge.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt, you have your directions reversed.

The Americans enter on the South edge, not the North (the first group enters on/between 55G1 and 55G6). The 50L is therefore North of their entry edge, and the Americans exit off the North edge.

Note that the playable area is G-GG, with G being South.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt, you have your directions reversed.

The Americans enter on the South edge, not the North (the first group enters on/between 55G1 and 55G6). The 50L is therefore North of their entry edge, and the Americans exit off the North edge.

Note that the playable area is G-GG, with G being South.
D'oh! You are correct, I was looking at GG as being the entry area instead of G. Double vision always gets the best of me (ahhh, classic Foreigner). Explains why I have had so many threesomes with twins. Thanks...

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
D'oh! You are correct, I was looking at GG as being the entry area instead of G. Double vision always gets the best fo me (ahhh, classic Foreigner). Explains why I have had so many thressomes with twins. Thanks...
You should see him count! 1... 2... 4, duh!

jimbosul

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: AP39

got my AP4 today - have question on AP39.

SSR 4 refers to HIP American units, but i do not see a figure given for the number of HIP allowed. are all American units allowed to set up HIP?

thanks.

Jim Sullivan

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim-

Because it is a Night scenario and the American is the Scenario Defender (E1.2) they automatically get to set up 25% (FRU) of their squad-equivalents using HIP (in addition to the 57L/crew, who would always be allowed to set up HIP, day or night).

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SSR4 is potentially a very powerful tool for the Americans - set up a few HIP HS with Bazookas on the German entry map and they can cause real trouble. The German dare not ignore the possibility or he might lose two tanks (and, worst case, both Panthers) before ever hitting the town.

hershmeister

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas,

In AP32 Second Crack at Caumont, is it correct to infer that SSR 3 prohibits the US from setting up tanks on board 53?

Michael

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas is correct - SSR 3 limits the US setup to a max of 3 squads (+ any leaders/SW with them) on board 53, and everyone else (tanks included) must set up on 54.