AP185 Unsanity question

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi gents,

The US OB has a 3-3-7 E class (not boxed E) hs. Is this a typo? Should it be a 3-4-7 boxed E class hs?

Thanks,
John

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Oberst might be considered notorious rather than reputable...

... but neverthless I'll hazard a guess:

As the ELR for the US is 2 in this scenario, I believe that the HS being a 337 rather than a 347 is intentional.
The 337 has an underlined Morale Factor, i.e. an ELR of 5 rather than 2 that a 347 would have had without its morale being underlined.
Maybe, the scenario designer wanted to include some 'hard-ass' team for what we might call 'special operations' which is supposed to be somewhat more resilient to ELR than the bulk/rest of the troops.

So I'd play it as printed.

von Marwitz

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Oberst might be considered notorious rather than reputable...

... but neverthless I'll hazard a guess:

As the ELR for the US is 2 in this scenario, I believe that the HS being a 337 rather than a 347 is intentional.
The 337 has an underlined Morale Factor, i.e. an ELR of 5 rather than 2 that a 347 would have had without its morale being underlined.
Maybe, the scenario designer wanted to include some 'hard-ass' team for what we might call 'special operations' which is supposed to be somewhat more resilient to ELR than the bulk/rest of the troops.

So I'd play it as printed.

von Marwitz
A small contingent of engineers. (Nothing in the scenario card that makes a difference game-wise, so no SSR for AEs provided)

Included for just a dash of flavor.

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok thanks for the answers. There doesn't seem to be a counter for it (at least in VASL) - that's why I asked. Luckily I have the extension that allows you to make custom counters so it's NP for me :).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Ok thanks for the answers. There doesn't seem to be a counter for it (at least in VASL) - that's why I asked. Luckily I have the extension that allows you to make custom counters so it's NP for me :).
It's the standard American airborne HS: 3-3-7. The HS to the 7-4-7 squad. I'd be surprised if it does not exists in VASL.

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here's another question about this scenario that occurred to me as I was setting up:
Per W7.96 HIP: The CPVA player receives Dummy counters equal to the number of MMC squad-equivalents in his OB. Do they need to set up with the board 13B group, the board 68/76 group or 9 with the 13B group & 8 with the board 68/76 group? Or anywhere the CPVA chooses in either group?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here's another question about this scenario that occurred to me as I was setting up:
Per W7.96 HIP: The CPVA player receives Dummy counters equal to the number of MMC squad-equivalents in his OB. Do they need to set up with the board 13B group, the board 68/76 group or 9 with the 13B group & 8 with the board 68/76 group? Or anywhere the CPVA chooses in either group?
The last option...