AP164 VC

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The VC in Sparrow force are a bit confusing to me. VC #1 is control 6 hut hexes and hexes J9 and I11
VC #2 is 8 hut hexes and hexes J9/I11.
Question- Does the slash in the 2nd one mean J9 or I11?

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The VC in Sparrow force are a bit confusing to me. VC #1 is control 6 hut hexes and hexes J9 and I11
VC #2 is 8 hut hexes and hexes J9/I11.
Question- Does the slash in the 2nd one mean J9 or I11?
It means "and/or" - of course if you Control them both and >= 8 hut hexes, you will have fulfilled the first bullet in the VC as well.

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas, I'm still confused. So to fulfill VC#1 it's 6 total hut hexes, including J9 and I11. Or to fulfill VC#2 it's 8 total hut hexes including at least one of J9 or I11. So if you only get one of the pair, then you need more hut hexes. That's the only way it makes sense to me but it's a bit confusing as written.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Klas, I'm still confused. So to fulfill VC#1 it's 6 total hut hexes, including J9 and I11. Or to fulfill VC#2 it's 8 total hut hexes including at least one of J9 or I11. So if you only get one of the pair, then you need more hut hexes. That's the only way it makes sense to me but it's a bit confusing as written.
Yes, that's correct....

"/" = "and/or" = "inclusive or" = "at least one" of J19 and I11....

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul, hopefully you'll post at least a brief AAR or summation of your play of this scenario. I just got royally stuffed as the Aussies against Curtis Brooks and his Japanese defense in this one and yet to figure out a respectable attack plan. Baring some exceptionally good DRs on the Aussies part I feel it's a very tough row to hoe for them against a competent Japanese defensive plan with about average DR outcomes.