AP FKM (next)..Maps

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are some copies of maps that we are looking at working up for future AP's...(The one I posted earlier of the collective farm is in the next AP we (FKM) do)

Comments appreciated.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for dedicated playtesters (4 playings of the scenarios assigned minimum and detailed reports) for the next set of AP scenarios.
Color maps will be provided. Mainly 1942-1943 scenarios (North Africa, Sicily, Italy)

Thanks,

Fort

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fort - some thoughts:

* I would appreciate it if you would stop making me cry :) These are beautiful :)

* That old light blue hex paper reminds me of the stuff that AH used to sell - I designed many a Bug Cave Complex on those suckers :)

* You really need to put "FKM#" board numbers in there to make it easier to refer to :)

As for the rest of my comments, I decided it might be easier to do them graphically. I marked up your boards with red, and gave my rationale on the right. Hope you don't mind. At the very least it's interesting to see what one map guy thinks about another's drafts :)

Thanks for the chance to see and comment on these - it's fun, brave, and commendable.

Corwin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I must have missed it but what does FKM denote?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
What I think would be cool is a set of these as Desert boards, maybe one or two. And I'd also love to see some more Russian type of terrian such as steppes, open slightly hilly or open villages type of terrain.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Little to comment except on the river boards.

The most useful is the bottom-left to top-right river (with the sand bars) followed by the rivers end board. AP6 already has a top-left to bottom-right river board.

The only river type missing is a river junction board, IE two rivers entering on one side, one exiting on the other. Often at such a junction fortifications were built on the tip of the peninsula formed by the two rivers and a town grew around that. I am thinking of the likes of Kustrin. The roots of such fortification could be medieval, updated from the 16th to late 19th century, then ignored or reclaimed by the town in the inter-war period.

Talloaf

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only comment about the river end board is that the river would have to be shallow to make any kind of georgraphical sense. I like it though!

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only comment about the river end board is that the river would have to be shallow to make any kind of georgraphical sense. I like it though!
It's meant to depict a PTO shallow river.