AP 13?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see, via an email from MMP, that AP13 is due out in October. Two new boards, 11 scenarios.

But what is the theme for AP13? Or is there one?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well, for those of us who don't get email from MMP, it looks like it's the first time the AP has been mentioned...

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was in the MMP update email earlier today:

ASL Action Pack #13
MMP is releasing ASL Action Pack #13 at the 32nd ASL Oktoberfest ("ASLOK") tournament in Cleveland, Ohio this October 1-October 8. Action Pack ASLOK XXXII retails for $22 and features two new maps (78 and 79) and 11 scenarios designed by Ohio ASL designers Bill Sisler and Pete Shelling. Pick one up cheap at ASLOK, or look for it on direct sale from MMP in mid-October. Since there is no preorder for this, we will initially sell it at the temporarily discounted price of $16, after which it go back to its retail price of $22.

The ASLOK site refers to it as the "CX Map Pack", so I assume that is some kind of hint as to the theme.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

ASL Action Pack #13
MMP is releasing ASL Action Pack #13 at the 32nd ASL Oktoberfest ("ASLOK") tournament in Cleveland, Ohio this October 1-October 8. Action Pack ASLOK XXXII retails for $22 and features two new maps (78 and 79) and 11 scenarios designed by Ohio ASL designers Bill Sisler and Pete Shelling. Pick one up cheap at ASLOK, or look for it on direct sale from MMP in mid-October. Since there is no preorder for this, we will initially sell it at the temporarily discounted price of $16, after which it go back to its retail price of $22.

The ASLOK site refers to it as the "CX Map Pack", so I assume that is some kind of hint as to the theme.
Hills perhaps? More wilderness boards?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well .. not sure if it's related .. but according to "The Umpire's View" in ASL Journal 12 .. we got the SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS and the HATTEN Mini-HASL coming.

"look for both in 2017" it said

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Swedish volunteers doesn't require new boards - which are the distinctive elements of an AP.
Hatten is a HASL, and I would believe that it will not be an AP.
As for the scheduled date of release, I don't give the official prediction a lot of credit, especially with Red Factories and Forgotten War on the horizon.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

ASL Action Pack #13

I am a bit confused:
  • ASL Action Pack #13
  • Action Pack ASLOK XXXII
  • CX Map Pack
Are these all different products or are (some) of these meaning all the same thing?
Could somebody in the know please enlighten me which means/contains what?

TIA,
von Marwitz

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Cyrenaica X-treme Map Pack. Boards 78 and 79 are new desert boards, 78 being approx. 90% sand/sand dunes and 79 is a small North African town. The 11 scenarios are all pre-1941 DTO, mostly requiring the rarely used British/Italian armored cars from the OOP core modules.

OK, I made most of that up.
:)

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As said earlier this all the MMP email said

ASL Action Pack #13

It is the ASLOK website that referred to the above as the CX pack

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I took 'CX Pack' on the ASLOK website (when I first saw it in May) to be a generic assignation for a yet to be named scenario pack that was already in the works. He knew the scenarios had been designed and were being play-tested and probably knew it had a good chance of being released at ASLOK this year, but anything beyond that (name of pack, AP status or not, etc) was yet to be determined by MMP.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Wonder if it is Pete's CH E pack?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I doubt it's the 10th GRD one as that's supposed to have only 1 map, this one has 2.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am a bit confused:
  • ASL Action Pack #13
  • Action Pack ASLOK XXXII
  • CX Map Pack
Are these all different products or are (some) of these meaning all the same thing?
Could somebody in the know please enlighten me which means/contains what?

TIA,
von Marwitz
I'm betting my ASLOK budget that they all refer to the same thing, but will wait for one of the MMP or ASLOK guys to confirm.