AOO & ASLRB Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like some of the customers think with the money they pay MMP they buy the right to bash MMP at their will.
People can bash MMP at will, we really do not mind. Both Perry and I think that folks have a legitimate gripe right now, and we're equally sure we'll get over this hump and come to new hurdles next year as well.

Brian

paulkenny

Reaction score
Brian, sorry for the harsh post, bad day, I promised recently to not dogpile and am trying to stand by that promise.

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Brian,

If you can get over this hurdle and continue to consistently release ASL stuff, I think you'll see a lot less gripes. I can't wait!

-Jay

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jay White said:
Brian,

If you can get over this hurdle and continue to consistently release ASL stuff, I think you'll see a lot less gripes. I can't wait!

-Jay
We'll get to a good balance eventually, I think. Then we'll have to deal with Mike Rinella and the non-ASL/non-Gamer crowd getting their games. 8)

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Reprint ASLSK1?? It came out 10 months ago!

I have no problem with reprinting ASLSK. In fact, I think it is the life blood of our hobby. The fact that it has sold out is tremendous news. I hope it sells out again.

In the past 4 months I've played more ASL than in the past two years, because a new player wants to learn how to play the game. I had a guy call me from freakin Great Falls, Montana. His group of 8 players wants a match with our Spokane group, because we're the closest group to them. This is all happening for a reason, ASLSK.

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
This starts off as a great thread with terrific news that the ASL crowd here embraces. Then, insert Holst, and the thread spirals into a pit of vehement oppostion to MMP's priorities, perceived lack of concern for their fan base, and finally a resentment that Youse and the others actually have a life outside of MMP (and whatever they do for 40+ hours during the week). I call this recurrent thread, "MMP Abuse Thread #1", as it seems to be one of two that crop up from time to time. And for what? AOO?! I swear, a year after AOO comes out, no one will be playing the scenarios and vehicles that come with it.

If I were MMP, I would burn everything to the ground and collect the insurance after this display of hostility.

- Rick

GJK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought everything ASL was locked away in some dark safe at Hasbro Inc offices until SK came out. I'm just greatful now that it's even being printed and/or reprinted. Didn't realize that his has been an ongoing project for 5 years, guess I have some catching up to do. :D

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick-
you really need to at ease your attitude son.

Scott

purdyrc said:
This starts off as a great thread with terrific news that the ASL crowd here embraces. Then, insert Holst, and the thread spirals into a pit of vehement oppostion to MMP's priorities, perceived lack of concern for their fan base, and finally a resentment that Youse and the others actually have a life outside of MMP (and whatever they do for 40+ hours during the week). I call this recurrent thread, "MMP Abuse Thread #1", as it seems to be one of two that crop up from time to time. And for what? AOO?! I swear, a year after AOO comes out, no one will be playing the scenarios and vehicles that come with it.

If I were MMP, I would burn everything to the ground and collect the insurance after this display of hostility.

- Rick

paulkenny

Reaction score
purdyrc said:

- Rick
In Scotts defense I dont THINK he started the MMP abuse. Have to go back but that is my recollection

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I posted Brians comment from Consim world on how He had to stop work on ASL to take care of the Gamers line. Cant blame people for getting upset.
But of course, the more fanatical followers of MMP will blame me for MMP's problems. Right Rick?

Scott

paulkenny said:
In Scotts defense I dont THINK he started the MMP abuse. Have to go back but that is my recollection

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Robert Wolkey said:
>Reprint ASLSK1?? It came out 10 months ago!

I have no problem with reprinting ASLSK. In fact, I think it is the life blood of our hobby. The fact that it has sold out is tremendous news. I hope it sells out again.
No way! I want to sell mine for $100 first. :D

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I think that the fact ASLSK if selling so well is a great thing. I do no think that MMP printed too few, I think they were pleasently surprised at how well it went.

As a matter of fact, I am demo'ing it a a Convention here in Erie, PA tommorrow. I do not think the Con will go over well for various reasons, but I bought an extra copy to sell (at my cost) to anyone intersted.

Lets hope so.

One again, while I am not sorry for my feelings and feel even MMP knows its a bad situation all around, I should have not piled on and added fuel to a fire.

As far a Scotts goes, I also do not think he started it. It just sorta snowballed. You guys know I'll blame Scotts if needed :D

Sorry for the bad kharma.

Peace

Roger

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:

- Rick
Nah, not enough stock left to be worthwhile. :D

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As to a December 2003 deadline...somewhere once on this site was my original "when will AOO hit the P and be shipped". It was deleted during the great AOL purge and I started a new one. On the old one someone quoted Perry as having said AoO would be out before the end of 2003...you have my word on it. Then there were delays and Perry said that he was upset that the promise he made to many people could not be kept. Shortly thereafter Keith D said before Summer of 2004 which became June 21, 2004.

As to saving me money by printing Gamers and ASL stuff together...I do not see it. The P price is the P price and I do not get a rebate. I guess the statement should have been "save MMP money which may save you money off a future product" Great if its for ASL....I do not buy the Gamers line...I have no interest....Just my personal buying habits.

Last edited:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AoO has been promised for years and as Ron says MMP has only been a producer of games for the last 5 years....But didn't they take over the running of ASL from AH in 1995 or 1996? Its in an Annual somewhere back then.....ahh yes here it is Page 28 of Annual 96 A Note From the Editors. I don't think you could hold MMP to the 10+ year range but maybe 8 to 9 ;)

cjsloki

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AoO

Hi,
I am glad to see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I play the Gamers games but much prefer to play ASL.

Charles :cool:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As to the small business woes and lack of time I know all about it..Parents owned and operated a Restuarant in Maine from 1968 until 1988. I worked there for 8 + years....my mother made sure we had the staff to get the work done...more staff in the summer...less staff in the winter. My mother always knew how to take care of business and how to please even the most impossible customer. I never heard them complain even after spending 16+ hours on their feet...... and I must say my father was never late delivering the Lobster :cheeky:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The difference is that your parents probably earned their living through that restaurant. MMP guys have jobs outside of their hobby-company...so it isn't a survival situation for them.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not trying to be smart or to attack, but I have heard Brian Y complain several times about ASL not being his first job and his lack of free time and the amount of time ASL takes up. Don't get me wrong I am very happy that MMP preserved ASL and I couldnt imagine another company doing it....but I have to ask the question:

MMP guys

Do the positives out weigh the negatives? and if not Why enter into a new license?

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When FKAC went up for preorder it was $85. Our final costs were lower and we actually charged everyone $80. So yes, if our costs come out lower, we adjust the price accordingly.

As for the ASLSK, we printed slightly over our print run for another ASL product, and now only nine months later we're almost out.

Yeah, we're pleasantly surprised for a product we thought had an outside chance of going over like a lead Zeppelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.