ANZACon April 27th-28th April 2019

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ANZACon IS BACK!!
The premier ASL competition held in Melbourne (Australia) has returned

When: 27th and 28th of April 2019

Where: Campbell Turnbull Library Meeting Room - 220 Melville Road, Brunswick West. Victoria (on a tram line and less than 3 minutes from the Moreland Rd Freeway Exit (Tullamarine Fwy) . Ample Parking and Food Facilities nearby

Entry - $40 for both days

Format: to be decided – two scenarios per day (to be confirmed)

Prizes: TBA
Limited seating available – so if you are interested in coming let me now ASAP to reserve your spot!

Interstate and Overseas players more than welcome to join us!

I will keep updating info as it comes at hand!

To register all you need to to is drop me a pm

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Some additional info:

This is the weekend after Easter, and the ANZAC Day public holiday is on the preceding Thursday. Not a lot of work will be getting done during this week, I'm thinking ....

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
AnzacCon is only two months away!!
We have already about 10 participants
Jamie Westlake is working on the scenarios and the venue is set and ready to go!
So, If you are thinking of coming, please let me know asap so that i can reserve a spot for you
Thanks

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Quick update!!

Since Saturday we had three more players registering...so if you thinking of joining us, i would encourage you to act now as we have only limited spots left!!

Cheers

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ANZACon 2019 - Update
Less than 4 weeks to go!!
We have 14 participants !! - some are relatively new players. so if you are newbie, please don't be shy and come and join us
Jamie has been hard at work, and found 4 scenario that in his words are "action packed...and nasty"!
And with the help of Bounding Fire, MMP and Lone Canuck. we have some nice prizes on offer
Remember : we only have limited seating--so act now or run to risk of missing out on two days of fantastic ASL fun
To reserve your spot, all you need to do is drop me a pm

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ANZACon 2019 - Update
Less than 4 weeks to go!!
We have 14 participants !! - some are relatively new players. so if you are newbie, please don't be shy and come and join us
Jamie has been hard at work, and found 4 scenario that in his words are "action packed...and nasty"!
And with the help of Bounding Fire, MMP and Lone Canuck. we have some nice prizes on offer
Remember : we only have limited seating--so act now or run to risk of missing out on two days of fantastic ASL fun
To reserve your spot, all you need to do is drop me a pm
UPDATE
Less than two weeks to go

LAST CALL!!

Less than 2 weeks to go before AnzaCon 2019 is due to start

Everything has been set- Venue organized, scenario selected and prizes sorted !

We are ready to go!!

We still have limited spots available

Come and join us for a fantastic weekend of ASL !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
ANZACon 2019
Advanced Squad Leader Comp
27th and 28th of April 2019
Campbell Turnbull Library Meeting Room - 220 Melville Road, Brunswick West. Victoria (on a tram line and less than 3 minutes from the Moreland Rd Freeway Exit - Tullamarine Fwy) . Ample Parking and Food Facilities nearby

Last edited:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Since an official response has not yet been posted, a quick update:

1st place -- Eric Topp (3-0)
2nd place -- Bruce Probst (2-1)
3rd place -- Peter Manger (2-1)

(An arcane points system was in use to separate the results; if Peter had won his 3rd round he would have come first, Eric 2nd and myself 3rd.)

Both Eric and Peter were visitors from Canberra, which makes me think we Melbourne players need to take a good hard look at ourselves. Thanks also to Neal MacPherson for making the trip down from Sydney.

Two scenarios were played on the Saturday, and one on the Sunday. Unfortunately the choice for 3rd scenario turned out to be larger and more complex than anticipated which killed the planned Sunday afternoon 4th round. Still, much fun was had by all. Many thanks to Joe for making the tournament happen and to Jamie for his TD duties. Also thanks to the various sponsors who donated prizes.

A new Facebook group for Melbourne ASL players has been created, I don't know the details 'cos I don't do FB, but if you do, please check it out.