ANZACon 2020 - 25th and 26th April 2020 - Melbourne (Australia)

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi all

Mark you calender!

ANZACon 2020 - Melbourne (Aus)

More info closer to the date!

Cheers

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ANZACon IS BACK!!

The premier Advanced Squad Leader competition held in Melbourne (Australia) has returned for the second year running

When: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April 2020

Where: Reservoir Scout Hall - 73-77 Leamington St, Reservoir VIC 3073 (Ample Parking Available)

Entry - $40 for both days (or $30 per one day)

Format: Two scenarios per day - We will send list of pieces/maps needed closer to the day

Prizes: To be confirmed - But we already have some goodies from MMP - Thank you Perrry !!

Interstate and Overseas players more than welcome to join us!

Reserve your spot now!!

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If it has to be cancelled as an in-person event, maybe people could play some short-ish scenarios on VASL on those two days instead? I know there are plenty that could be finished in 3-4 hours.

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Someone else mentioned VASL comp instead..hopefully we will get to that, but will keep that options open.
One of the US comp that was cancelled due to the virus is moving to VASL format..lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Apologies....cancelled

Due to the new guidelines now in place, i belive it would be illegal for 16 guys to meet in close proximit , playing boardgames over a two days period !

Stay healthy guys !

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Apologies....cancelled

Due to the new guidelines now in place, i belive it would be illegal for 16 guys to meet in close proximit , playing boardgames over a two days period !
You are welcome to have it here in Sweden, just as long as it is not in my house :).

You are free to enter the country, you can meet at any hotel as long as the attendance is less than 500 people, you can eat out, you can get drunk at bars, you can proposition Swedish women, but you cannot fly via Copenhagen or Oslo as Denmark/Norway is on lock-down. Danes and Norwegians allege, that the Swedes believe, that only the Swedes are the real Vikings, and that is why we do not lock the country down. Time will tell :). Note the date of this post: 25.3.2020.

As for me - playing VASL only and hoping the Swedish economy survives as the rest of the world goes to financial hell.