Anzac Cpx

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok ANZACs,

How about a CPX that I will host against a standard Red force? I am thinking a variation of a standard scenario so the Red players will need very little planning. You guys get a team together, pick a time that is OK for US guys and use ANZAC units in place of the standard Blue. Use the scenario balancer to get equivalents. How about a week from this coming Sunday, February 25th? Please respond promptly.

Rattler

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Count on me if you need me, my RL issues have been smotthed out for the moment

Rattler

Rattler

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
well, folks, if you need to chose players, here my email: rattler_at_eventfoto_dot_com

Any job, any side.

Let me know the time this thingy is planned in GMT please so i can set my alarm clock... :->

Rattler

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2200Z 24 Febuary 2007. Similar to my last CPX. One company of tanks each. Study map01c. Obj is central town. No prior planning needed except to set up your IRC. Log on to IRC a half an hour early and we'll go from there. Channel #tacops. Please ensure that you have the latest version of TacOps, 4.06AH, and that you know how to configure your firewall. If you want email me 2200Z Wednesday and we can check your firewall then. It should only take a minute or two. You need to have port 7023 open. The more the merrier.

Rattler

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
CPX replay 24 Feb 07 added to the TacOps file section
And where would that be? I am not so familiar with all the forums, wouldnt know where to look.

BTW, thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays CPX, especially going back to back with my oldest oppoenent, Rikki... :->

As far as sceanrio is concerned, while giving a tk coy to each player makes for learning the basics, in way of organizing battle, planning (and be it ad hoc) and tactical lessons it doesnt serve for too much: No recon, no sensible battle.... IMHO forces should always be combined of inf, tks, missiles and air and arty, so, to keep it simple i would recommend using cav troops in the future instead of tk coys: Same amount of workload but adds the tactical element, espeiucally with asymetrical terrain as on map 1.

Rattler

Last edited:

JohnfMonahan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Cav troops are too hard for new guys. But I am done with new guy stuff for a while. I think a standard scenario for journeymen will be next.

Agent Smith

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks John,
downloaded the replay files.
Looking forward to the next one.
(as a newbie I don't mind being cannon fodder for the old timers; troops or not.)