Anything new in RS?

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checked my counters. In fact, I had the 1PP American LMG with B11 on my mind being already published.
Thank you guys.

von Marwitz
The Johnson LMG. It should be a B12. The marines loved the weapon and many said it was superior to the BAR.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Johnson LMG. It should be a B12. The marines loved the weapon and many said it was superior to the BAR.
a more stable firing platform than the BAR. More expensive to make. Perhaps not as robust, but few things were, the BAR having repeated documentation of functioning even when incorrectly assembled, firing multiple bursts from misaligned magazines, etc. probably the only gun I'd give a B13 to. Officially , removed to standardize T/O weapons. Now Springfield did not like being ordered to license joe blow's muffler repair shop to make rifle barrels, but they had a large political influence with Dep't of War even back then, and licensing was still vastly preferable to losing all contract dollars whatsoever to an "upstart" arms company.

Rumours persist to this day the Johnson was killed by Springfield Armory, in committee.

KRL, Jon H

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
B12, really? In that case my counters are misprinted. Did not know there might be ERRATA on this one.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
:paperbag: My bad.

Can't remember playing a scenario using them, so coulda been...

von Marwitz

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:paperbag: My bad.

Can't remember playing a scenario using them, so coulda been...

von Marwitz
The few scenarios using this weapon are found in Gung Ho. One scenario uses the counter but through SSR gives it a PP of 2. This may represent the Lewis gun. We will find out when RS shows up on our door steps.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The few scenarios using this weapon are found in Gung Ho. One scenario uses the counter but through SSR gives it a PP of 2. This may represent the Lewis gun. We will find out when RS shows up on our door steps.
CH products contain quite a few more scens as well using the 1PP B11 counter. Many of them are designed to incorporate it as an additional BAR team added for extra firepower by the higher command.

the counter is used extensively in the G-T campaign game from the original Annual, this time as a representation of the johnson lmg.

not that i agree per se with the counter choice, just that they were made in many more places than the GH scens already.
KRL, jon H

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thank you, I know. But as I dislike wet feet (of couse not because of the complicated rules) I have so far avoided beach landings, there aren't many Marine-scenarios under my belt and those I can remember did not include it.

von Marwitz

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CH products contain quite a few more scens as well using the 1PP B11 counter. Many of them are designed to incorporate it as an additional BAR team added for extra firepower by the higher command.

the counter is used extensively in the G-T campaign game from the original Annual, this time as a representation of the johnson lmg.

not that i agree per se with the counter choice, just that they were made in many more places than the GH scens already.
KRL, jon H
CH also had a Normandy game that added 1 FP BAR men. Johnson 2FP, BAR 1FP.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
That would be PdH, which is a great little HASL game.