Anyone playing Armored Brigade yet?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes and it is excellent. It is much better than TACOPs. Although it is "real time," the pace is deliberate and thus not a click fest. I thin it gets the pace just right for a tactical level game. If play fast, you will die fast. What is cool is you can go all they back to the 1960s. The game is intuitive, the learning curve is not steep. The best way to learn is to set up small scenarios in the NTC and get used to maneuvering different elements and how the commands function. I highly recommend it.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Is airpower and artillery depicted with a lot of detail and options? Can you do things like air assault with helicopters and airborne drops?

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I play it too and also recomend it. It´s a mix of all the good tactical games to be honest. No airborne drops for now...

Here´s a first view:

Plenty of replay value too!

I wish they changed the LOS tool a bit in the planning stage (before you move your units), but overall great game. It´s the CMANO of land warfare so to say :)

Red

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is airpower and artillery depicted with a lot of detail and options? Can you do things like air assault with helicopters and airborne drops?

Both air and artillery are depicted. Air is simple, you call it in by choosing a spot on the map, the program calculates an arrival time and it comes in when it gets there. Once called in, it is pretty much out of your control as it should be. It zooms in and attacks and takes ground fire if the bad guys have ADA assets. Then it flies away and if you get another sortie, it regroups for a period of time and become available again.

Artillery is well modeled. There are two types, off board and on board. Both can be called in anywhere on the map but if unobserved, it takes longer to adjust and fire FFE. You can set up the number of volleys per FFE, plot TRPs, do FASCAM, smoke, illumination and such. Its well modeled but easy to use.

There are helicopter. I've only used attack helicopter or been attacked by attack helicopters. This is one are I've not much used and they seem a tad difficult to get them to do what you want them to do, which may actually be realistic. I don't know if air assaults can be done. I don't think there is air drops but there could be.